Create different AutoCorrect entries using case sensitivity (:g: = γ does not correspond...

Diskutiere und helfe bei Create different AutoCorrect entries using case sensitivity (:g: = γ does not correspond... im Bereich Microsoft Office im Windows Info bei einer Lösung; Hello community, I want to create AutoCorrect entries for various unicode characters, primarily greek letters and mathematical operators. I tried to... Dieses Thema im Forum "Microsoft Office" wurde erstellt von OpenSourceIsBetter, 21. Mai 2019.

1. Create different AutoCorrect entries using case sensitivity (:g: = γ does not correspond...

Hello community,

I want to create AutoCorrect entries for various unicode characters, primarily greek letters and mathematical operators. I tried to make my own, just like I did in LibreOffice, but I ran into a problem. As the title says, I tried to make different entries for :g: and :G: for lower/uppercase gamma. But the program automatically autocorrects my self-defined autocorrect option :g: to :G: in the text window for defining new autocorrect options while I type it, since I had already defined :G: beforehand. I assume this has been done so as to create a more greedy "regex" for the autocorrect function. Unfortunately, this makes it impossible for me to really individualize my word install. Further, .acl files cannot be manually edited, so I can't just define a new option through a simpler text editor. I also tried turning off suggestions of existing autocorrect options, but it didn't help.

Maybe there is still another way to get what I want and if not, could a feature be added someday, which seperates the AutoCorrect table from a second AutoReplace table, which has a recognizeable string pattern (like :[a-zA-Z0-9_]+:) for differentiation?

Thanks in advance.

PS: Don't take the name too seriously, that's just me being silly since all my suggestions were already taken.

2. CharlesKenyon IA Win User

Create different AutoCorrect entries using case sensitivity (:g: = γ does not correspond to :G: = Γ)

Hi

Unfortunately, AutoCorrect in Microsoft Office is not case-sensitive.

You could add an extra character before upper-case.

For instance:

:g

/:G (which will be used by AutoCorrect the same as /:c)

You can use AutoCorrect Backup utilities to manually edit to some extent.

Both of these create Word documents in the form of tables which can be edited. They then can be used to load the entries. They do not subtract or remove entries.

This forum is a user-to-user support forum. I am a fellow user.

I hope this information helps.

Please let me know if you have any more questions or require further help.

You can ask for more help by replying to this post (Reply button below).

Regards
  3. OpenSourceIsBetter Win User

Create different AutoCorrect entries using case sensitivity (:g: = γ does not correspond to :G: = Γ)

Thank you for your quick response. I guess i can go with :g: for γ and :gamma: for
    Γ. Anyway, is there a way to make suggestions to Microsoft, or should I even in my case?
  4. CharlesKenyon IA Win User

5. JoseBeltre Win User

Customize message when user requests password reset

Thanks for your feedback. In that case, I suggest you to create a ticket using the Microsoft 365 admin console.
  6. Jörn Flinspach Win User

Outlook Connector synchronisiert Geburtstage in den Kontakten einen Tag zu früh

Hallo zusammen,

ich habe das auch schon im englischsprachigen "answers" gepostet, aber bisher keine Antwort bekommen, daher poste ich noch mal hier, ich geh jetzt mal davon aus, dass alle der englischen Sprache mächtig sind und verzichte jetzt ins deutsche zu übersetzen.

Ich habe mal folgenden Test durchgeführt:

I use microsoft "outlook connector" with Outlook 2007 (32Bit). Outlook Connector Version is 14.0.5117.5000 (32Bit)

Test Case one: I create a new Contact in my Outlook 2007 in my Contact list from Windows Live

Birthday is set to 24.02.2011

Outlook automatically creates the Outlook Calendar Event for this birthday ON 24.02.2011

I wait some minutes until the Outlook Connector has syncronized with Microsoft Live Server - then i wait again some minutes for the Re synchronization - then you can see - surprise surprise - the birthday changed to 23.02.2011. The calender entry and the
    Contact Birthday information have changed to 23.02.2011. This is repeatable/reproduceable!

Test Case two:

I create a new Contact in Windows Live (online)

Birthday 24.02.2011

After the sync i can see that the birthday DOES NOT change. But Windows live does not automatically create the entry for the calendar.

Vielleicht kann das ja mal jemand testen der Outlook 2010 installiert hat. Vielleicht verhält es sich da ja wieder anders. Die Zeitzone hab ich auf live.de angepasst - muss ich noch was in Outlook selbst einstellen? (Ich geh davon aus, das Outlook 2007 die
    Zeitzone von Windows 7 nutzt)

Grüße Jörn
  7. User Advert

Hi,

willkommen im Windows Forum!
Thema:

Create different AutoCorrect entries using case sensitivity (:g: = γ does not correspond... - Microsoft Office

Die Seite wird geladen...

Create different AutoCorrect entries using case sensitivity (:g: = γ does not correspond... - Similar Threads - Create different AutoCorrect

Forum Datum

Word: Create appendix with automatic numerotation using "numbering"

Word: Create appendix with automatic numerotation using "numbering": Dear community,I successfully create numerated appendix using numbering and creating a list as shown bellow:but I have an issue with the formatting of the style. I do not know how to remove the...
Microsoft Office 16. April 2022

The IF function does not work the same on different devices.

The IF function does not work the same on different devices.: Hello. In the IF Function where I set at the beginning a logical test that the given I4 cell is equal to the Array from column Bwhere the array of column C is set if it is true and empty if it is...
Microsoft Office 17. November 2021

Cursor does not go back with back-button when using bullets

Cursor does not go back with back-button when using bullets: Hello everybody,I'm having some problems with the bullets not going back to its standard position when using the back-button. It goes straight to the upper line. Until yesterday the cursor went...
Microsoft Office 6. Juni 2021

create anchoring links for different sections

create anchoring links for different sections: is there any way to create anchoring links for different sections within Sway as you can do in html-websites?
Microsoft Office 29. März 2021

Microsoft Word 2016 crash when using different languages

Microsoft Word 2016 crash when using different languages: When using Word 2016, after switching from German keyboard to Traditional Chinese and typing a word to translate to chinese characters, often the program crashes and restarts. It works for one...
Microsoft Office 14. April 2020

One Note does not synchronise documents

One Note does not synchronise documents: Hello community I have a question regarding my One Note synchronize problem. My documents which i inserted in my one note are not getting synchronized! I have saved this document in One...
Microsoft Office 3. Juni 2018

Schtasks.exe /create

Schtasks.exe /create: Ich habe mich in letzter Zeit ein Bisschen mit CMD auseinander gesetzt und versuche einen schtasks.exe befehl zu erstellen aber immer wenn ich den Befehl eingebe kommt eine Fehlerwarnung: FEHLER:...
Windows Insider 11. Februar 2017
Create different AutoCorrect entries using case sensitivity (:g: = γ does not correspond... solved
  1. Diese Seite verwendet Cookies, um Inhalte zu personalisieren, diese deiner Erfahrung anzupassen und dich nach der Registrierung angemeldet zu halten.
    Auf dieser Website werden Cookies für die Zugriffsanalyse und Anzeigenmessung verwendet.
    Wenn du dich weiterhin auf dieser Seite aufhältst, akzeptierst du unseren Einsatz von Cookies.