Forwarding an email removes original sender's email address, only name remains

Diskutiere und helfe bei Forwarding an email removes original sender's email address, only name remains im Bereich Outlook.com im Windows Info bei einer Lösung; Since Outlook 2016 1908/11929.20300 click-and-go I am losing the original sender's emailadress when manually (not rule-based) forwarding an email... Dieses Thema im Forum "Outlook.com" wurde erstellt von Marc Enzler, 27. September 2019.

1. Forwarding an email removes original sender's email address, only name remains

Since Outlook 2016 1908/11929.20300 click-and-go I am losing the original sender's emailadress when manually (not rule-based) forwarding an email internally.

We are using Exchange Online and I am responsible of maintaining an "orders" mailbox. I have to forward orders depending on for which department they are. Usually, these emails contain a footer/cv displaying the sender's emailadress, however some don't provide that. as a result, my recipients cannot reply or acutally communicate at all with the original sender.

THIS WORKED with 1802/9029.2167 !

Now, I am aware that I can MOVE instead of FORWARD emails, also I can attach the whole email when forwarding but these are not the solutions I am looking for. I want this fixed!

Furthermore, I have tried running my Outlook in /safe mode and guess what, it WORKS in safe mode, the original sender's email address remains in the email I am forwarding.

So.... as everything i read said that the only difference between SAFE mode and standard mode are the Add-Ins I have disabled ALL Add-ins and restartet. It did not help, problem persists. BTW: I don't have any custom add ins besides an AddIn for Dynamics NAV 2018 (Business Central 365). But again, I have it disabled, in vain.

Last but not least, this problem only arises on my machine. Non of my colleagues has this issue and they are all on the same setup with regards to Outlook and Windows 10 Updates (fully up to date).

And: I have already clean installed everything, with 1802 it works, the moment I update the software (to 1908) the problem arises again.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

2. Marc Enzler Win User

Hello Diane,

May I kindly ask if this new finding was reported to MS? I realize that you are not working for MS so apologize that I asked for you to forward this to an MS team. I just don't know where else to post this issue.

Thanks for your feedback, appreciated!

Best, Marc
  3. Diane Poremsky MVP Win User

Hi Marc,

Can you post a screenshot of what you see in regular and safe mode?

Forwarding inline should have the message header - like this. Your name is the sender - to keep the original sender in the From field you need to attach it or redirect.

-----------------------------------------

Sent: <date>

To: name <address>

Subject: <subject>
  4. Marc Enzler Win User

Dear Diane,

Thanks to your support I have been able to drill this down to the specific version (and later) that is causing this behavior on my machine:

• Version 1906: June 24, Version 1906 (Build 11727.20210)

Up and including 11629.20246 everything is working as expected.

Please report to MS. I will block updates on my machines, but that is not a solution, especially as I have automatic updates enabled by GPO.

PS: When I wrote to MS using the inbuilt reporting features some guys from India (company quatrro.com) wanted to get access to my PC. An absolute no-go and a horrible way of dealing with customers.

Thank you DIANE!!
  5. Diane Poremsky MVP Win User

Support is already investigating a case. They originally thought maybe it was the reg key in this article but are still investigating. (It apparently was not the cause for the other person.) You can can check it, but don't get your hopes up. (It's under
    16.0 for outlook 2016 and newer)

https://support.microsoft.com/help/3054903/emai...

If this is an office 365 subscription and you are the tenant admin, support said all tenant admins should now have the ability to submit an in-app ticket. (Off to find a bug to report so i can try the in app support process. lol)
  6. Marc Enzler Win User

Hi Diane and thank you for your support.

This is what I see in normal mode. It does not show the original senders emailaddress.

[​IMG]

And this is what I see in SAFE mode, how i want it to appear. And how it appears to everyone else in my company when they do the same.

[​IMG]
  7. User Advert

Hi,

willkommen im Windows Forum!
Thema:

Forwarding an email removes original sender's email address, only name remains - Outlook.com

Die Seite wird geladen...

Forwarding an email removes original sender's email address, only name remains - Similar Threads - Forwarding email removes

Forum Datum

Wie kann ich eine Email addresse whitelisten?

Wie kann ich eine Email addresse whitelisten?: Wie kann ich eine Email addresse whitelisten?
Microsoft Office 29. Oktober 2023

sender's name in outlook

sender's name in outlook: Hi All,When one of our users receives an email, instead of seeing the sender's name, he sees his own name in the inbox. How can the problem be solved?Thank you
Outlook.com 12. Juni 2023

sender's name in outlook

sender's name in outlook: Hi All,When one of our users receives an email, instead of seeing the sender's name, he sees his own name in the inbox. How can the problem be solved?Thank you
Outlook.com 12. Juni 2023

name and email address of shared mailbox

name and email address of shared mailbox: Hi All,is it possible to change the name and email address of shared mailbox in 365 admin center?Thank you
Microsoft Office 20. April 2023

deleting old email address

deleting old email address: How to delete an old work email account with which I used Teams. in Teams and now also in my 365 account an old email address/account keeps appearing, i.e. a previous work address. I wish to...
Microsoft Office 14. April 2023

EMAIL ANZEIGE MEINES NAMEN

EMAIL ANZEIGE MEINES NAMEN: Wenn ich email sende, dann möchte ich das mein Name und mein Firma beim Empfänger angezeigt wird. mit imap funktioniert es aber mit microsoft exchange nicht. wie kann ich das auf meinem imac...
Outlook.com 22. Januar 2021

Original Outlook Email Sound wieder einstellen

Original Outlook Email Sound wieder einstellen: Hallo, ich hoffe das ich hier richtig bin. Ich habe auf meinem Telefon die Outlook Mail App installiert. Beim Einstellen der Benachrichtigung hatte ich einen anderen Ton gewählt. Jetzt wollte...
Outlook.com 10. Juni 2020
Forwarding an email removes original sender's email address, only name remains solved
  1. Diese Seite verwendet Cookies, um Inhalte zu personalisieren, diese deiner Erfahrung anzupassen und dich nach der Registrierung angemeldet zu halten.
    Auf dieser Website werden Cookies für die Zugriffsanalyse und Anzeigenmessung verwendet.
    Wenn du dich weiterhin auf dieser Seite aufhältst, akzeptierst du unseren Einsatz von Cookies.