How can OneDrive be that broken?

Diskutiere und helfe bei How can OneDrive be that broken? im Bereich Microsoft Office im Windows Info bei einer Lösung; As I already reported over thousand times: Every week the OneDrive suddenly loses the connection to the cloud. Since this happens when I work on my... Dieses Thema im Forum "Microsoft Office" wurde erstellt von dr34mup, 1. März 2020.

1. dr34mup
    dr34mup Gast

How can OneDrive be that broken?

As I already reported over thousand times: Every week the OneDrive suddenly loses the connection to the cloud. Since this happens when I work on my over 300 pages Word document, I cannot save the document and after some time a message appears which tells me to save locally. But I cannot overwrite the locally stored file because then a another error happens when I click on overwrite. So I have to save this file with a new name which destroys the whole document history.

Normally I killed the OneDrive process, reconnect the WLAN and hope/pray it will fix it. BUT NOW something better happened: The workaround did not longer fixed my issue and I had to restart over 5 times! to get the OneDrive symbol back. BUT this does not mean it could connect to the cloud. Even when the symbol looked normal. So I checked for windows updates and the system window froze. Everything else worked but the window killed itself. Then I closed the window opened it again and clicked on the sidebar different sections. EVERY SECTION worked, but not the windows update. When I clicked on it, it just froze. Then I looked over the Run -> "control" if I can bypass the bug since Windows 10 is a lifetime beta and was not able to find the windows updates there. So you removed the only other possibility to make a update. At this point I had to make a tea. Then I shouted all words I could think of at the screen while I did 4 more restarts to finally be able to open the windows updates. After it finally opened I thought to dream: The updates where post-phoned for about 14 days and the message told me to change it under "advanced" a option I didn't see in this window. One more restart. Finally I could see the windows update -> FINALLY! And after 10 more minutes it could update 2 packages. WOW! Ok, back to OneDrive: IT STILL DOES NOT WORK. Ok, it is OneDrive, when did it every work, I thought. So I decided to work locally only. After I opened Word I saw a message on the top if I want to connect to OneDrive. Completely enthusiastic I clicked on Connect. The worst thing I have ever done in my life - right after the purchase of the Surface. Word could not connect and I saw in the bottom bar a message if I want to abort to press ESC: After I did that, some hidden window opened in the background and blocked the word to get active. I had to kill the process, opened it again and now I have 3 different versions of the document. Nice... 2 hours wasted.

It doesn't look like OneDrive would become stable in the future. No matter in business nor in private sector. At the moment I think it would be the best for all users to remove OneDrive out of the product portfolio. I am not longer willing to pay for a product, that doesn't fulfill it's main reason.

2. Michael (Darthdarkpr Win User

Microsoft Konto wurde gesperrt - Warum? 250GB Fotos / Videos / über / 700 XBOX Games / XBOX GAMEPASS GESPERRT / OFFICE 365 GESPERRT

Was kann ich noch machen! Ich habe glaube ich in meinem Account keine Telefonnummer hinterlegt gehabt wenn ja ist es evtl. noch meine Alte Rufnummer
    <br />die ich nicht mehr habe! Wie komme ich an mein Account?
    <br />What else can I do! I don't think I had a phone number stored in my account, if so, it may still be my old phone number that I no longer have! How do I get my account?
    <br />How can I be activated again?
    <br />
  3. kdh1003 Win User

Wie sichere ich DOKUMENTE u. BILDER auf Laufwerk Z: statt auf ONEDRIVE?

Hello!

Unfortunately I don´t understand your answers which were translated by a machine. So I repeat my question in English and hope that I will understand your answers which you now can write in your mother tongue. (I hope it is English.) Thanks!

How do I backup DOCUMENTS & PICTURES to Z: drive instead of ONEDRIVE?

Hello!

I bought a new PC and installed on it the Microsoft 365 to which I subscribed. I noticed that while I can move the VIDEOS and MUSIC folders from the system drive C: to my 2nd drive Z:, I can't move DOCUMENTS and PICTURES because they seem to be automatically backed up to ONEDRIVE. But I do not want to do that. What do I have to do so that I can also move DOCUMENTS and PICTURES normally and without detour via ONEDRIVE to my drive Z:?

Thanks for any help!

kdh1003
  4. Md Abdal Khan Win User

Office 2019 ProPlus \ Server 2019 \ WAM Authentication issue (Outlook logon with password)

Hello

I am Abdal and I would be glad to help you with your question.

Here is a detailed solution to resolve the issue of Outlook logon with password in combination with WAM Authentication and Office 2019 ProPlus/Server 2019:

Configure modern authentication in Exchange Online or Exchange Server:

Modern authentication is a process that enables identity management for client-server applications, such as Outlook, to use Single Sign-On (SSO) to authenticate to Exchange. You can enable modern authentication in Exchange Online by using the Exchange Admin Center (EAC) or by using the Exchange Management Shell.

Check the credentials prompt settings in the Outlook client:

In the Outlook client, go to File > Options > Account Settings > Account Settings. In the Account Settings window, select the email account and click the Change button. In the Change Account window, make sure that the "Use Cached Exchange Mode" checkbox is not selected.

Reset Windows Credential Manager:

In Windows, you can reset the Windows Credential Manager to remove any cached credentials that may be causing the issue. To do this, go to Control Panel > User Accounts > Credential Manager. Find the entry for the affected email account and remove it.

Update the certificate that the Microsoft AAD Broker Plugin is using:

The Microsoft AAD Broker Plugin may be using an outdated or invalid certificate that is causing the issue. You can update the certificate by downloading the latest version of the plugin from the Microsoft website and installing it on your system.

These are the steps that you can follow to resolve the issue of Outlook logon with password in combination with WAM Authentication and Office 2019 ProPlus/Server 2019.

I hope this information helps.

Regards,

Abdal
  5. mschwani Win User

Microsoft Word - Replace Header/ Footer

Hi Raffaele

Thanks for the answer and the links

I was hoping there'd be a Word feature to do that. As it looks like it can be solved quite easily with VB...

Thanks

Kind regards

Matthias
  6. rse74 Win User

Outlook 2016 Termineinladung Vorlage als Standard verwenden

Hello Diane.

Perfect. Thanks a lot. That works.

Do you have an idea, how I can rollout that form as default into my organization. We are using Exchange 2016.

Best regards

Robert
  7. User Advert

Hi,

willkommen im Windows Forum!
Thema:

How can OneDrive be that broken? - Microsoft Office

Die Seite wird geladen...

How can OneDrive be that broken? - Similar Threads - How can OneDrive

Forum Datum

How can I download a OneDrive File ?

How can I download a OneDrive File ?: HelloI was sent an important link by e-mail for OneDrive:Content of the Mail:"XXXX has shared a OneDrive for Business file with you. To view it, click on the link...
Apps 16. November 2023

How can I download a OneDrive File ?: HelloI was sent an important link by e-mail for OneDrive:Content of the Mail:"XXXX has shared a OneDrive for Business file with you. To view it, click on the link...
Games und Spiele 16. November 2023

Microsoft Office 16. November 2023

Previously deleted Notebooks that still exist locally can not be synced

Previously deleted Notebooks that still exist locally can not be synced: I usually take notes in OneNote for Windows 10 on my laptop but I have previously deleted some of the notebooks in OneDrive to free up some space. Those notebooks still exist locally on my laptop...
Microsoft Office 4. August 2023

How to select documents which should be in OneDrive?

How to select documents which should be in OneDrive?: Hi everybody,I am struggling with the following:Until now, I have already used the Office products but I did not store any of my documents in OneDrive.Now, I have the directory-structure that I...
Microsoft Office 22. März 2023

How can I handle OneDrive Error-Code 0x8004e4c3 ?

How can I handle OneDrive Error-Code 0x8004e4c3 ?: Cannot login due to no connection to the Internet.Correlation Id: ae37b771-42a8-4359-8151-b145f6ced2ebTimestamp: 2022-11-14T08:54:31.000ZDPTI:...
Microsoft Office 14. November 2022

Submitting false positives seems to be broken

Submitting false positives seems to be broken: Hi, since yesterday evening I am unable to submit false positives here:https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/wdsi/filesubmissionUpon submitting the form, I keep getting the error "File Upload failed -...
Microsoft Office 27. April 2021
How can OneDrive be that broken? solved
  1. Diese Seite verwendet Cookies, um Inhalte zu personalisieren, diese deiner Erfahrung anzupassen und dich nach der Registrierung angemeldet zu halten.
    Auf dieser Website werden Cookies für die Zugriffsanalyse und Anzeigenmessung verwendet.
    Wenn du dich weiterhin auf dieser Seite aufhältst, akzeptierst du unseren Einsatz von Cookies.