Outlook Messages Disappear When Moving Folder

Diskutiere und helfe bei Outlook Messages Disappear When Moving Folder im Bereich Outlook.com im Windows Info bei einer Lösung; Hello Something strange happened yesterday. An employee has shared access to another mailbox via Exchange. To move a subfolder it does not have the... Dieses Thema im Forum "Outlook.com" wurde erstellt von WIKA Schweiz AG, 9. August 2019.

1. Outlook Messages Disappear When Moving Folder

Hello

Something strange happened yesterday.
    An employee has shared access to another mailbox via Exchange.
    To move a subfolder it does not have the required permissions.
    So I logged in with users of the other mailbox and wanted to move the folder.

Already there I noticed that the folder is empty.
    As a check, I checked again with the employee whether he still has the mails in his folder.
    He had it.

So I logged in again to the user of the other mailbox and moved the folder to a new created PST.

When I changed the user again there are suddenly no more mails in the subfolder.

Nowhere. Neither in Deleted, nor Junk nor anywhere...

Anyone have any idea what you can do?

The employee needs to penetrate the mails.

Thank you and greetings
    deboii

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator

2. WIKA Schweiz AG Win User

Hello Diane

I checked the recovery folder and there is nothing but some old mails from 2016.

Any other ideas?

Would be so thankful if someone had an answer :)
  3. WIKA Schweiz AG Win User

Hello Diane

Thanks for your quik Answer.

Recovery folder: will check that...

Just for better understanding we will name the Exployee with access to the mailbox User1 and the Mailbox owner User 2.

The User1 has the permission (set on Exchange) to edit mails and send them in the name of the other employee (User2).

As it seems is, that the User1 lost connection to the Mailbox from User2 like a month ago. Because everything until july is still there.

But as I looked in the folder from User2 (before i moved it), the mails from the last month weren't there.

I switched back to User1s account to check and he had the mails in the mailbox from User2.

Switched back moved the Folder and switched to User1, where the mails went in the Outlook nirvana.

I moved it as the actual owner. But it was empty for the Owner (user2). Only user1 could see the mails from the last month.

Thanks for your help
  4. Diane Poremsky MVP Win User

Hi Wika,

Did you also check in the recovery folder? (whether they would be there would depend on your Exchange server version and the configuration).

>>

Already there I noticed that the folder is empty.

As a check, I checked again with the employee whether he still has the mails in his folder.

>>

So the folder was empty after the user gave your account permissions to it and you moved the "empty" folder? Or did you move it as the mailbox owner who could see the folder contents?

Did you reset the view on the folder and check the folder size?
  5. WIKA Schweiz AG Win User

The Files where missing in the owners mailbox. But now they're missing in both.

Yes the size is 0.
  6. Diane Poremsky MVP Win User

This is an on-prem Exchange server? There is an office addin that can restore the messages in the purges folder - on the chance they are there.

https://appsource.microsoft.com/en-us/product/o...

I don't think it will work with on-prem, you;ll need to use powershell. If the dumpster is enabled, you can try using powershell to search the dumpster folder.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powershell/mod...

Search-Mailbox -Identity *** Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde aus Datenschutzgründen entfernt. *** -SearchDumpsterOnly
  7. User Advert

Hi,

willkommen im Windows Forum!
Thema:

Outlook Messages Disappear When Moving Folder - Outlook.com

Die Seite wird geladen...

Outlook Messages Disappear When Moving Folder - Similar Threads - Outlook Messages Disappear

Forum Datum

Onedrive firefox bug - download button disappears when selecting multiple files

Onedrive firefox bug - download button disappears when selecting multiple files: I believe this to be a bug, but thanks for your interest anyway, other users ;Dear employees at microsoft,when I open a onedrive page and select a single file in chrome, there is a 'download'...
Microsoft Office 20. Februar 2024

403 error when trying to download an exchange message trace

403 error when trying to download an exchange message trace: Hi,as Global Admin I conducted a assage trace which included messages older than 7 day. As email recepient i filled in a different user. That user gets an email to download the message trace, but...
Microsoft Office 27. März 2023

How to disable display of screen number when moving windows?

How to disable display of screen number when moving windows?: New installation of Windows 11 pro 21H2, 22000.832After a sequence of settings, software installations, etc., the following phenomenon suddenly occurred: When you move a window regardless of...
Apps 5. August 2022

How to disable display of screen number when moving windows?

How to disable display of screen number when moving windows?: New installation of Windows 11 pro 21H2, 22000.832After a sequence of settings, software installations, etc., the following phenomenon suddenly occurred: When you move a window regardless of...
Games und Spiele 5. August 2022

Customize message when user requests password reset

Customize message when user requests password reset: Hi there!As an ms365/office365 password admin of several schools I would like to know if it is possible to customize the message pupils/teachers recieve when they request a password reset. It is...
Microsoft Office 10. Dezember 2021

Outlook: can't delete messages moved to root folder by a rule

Outlook: can't delete messages moved to root folder by a rule: I made a mistake configuring rules to move incoming emails to another email account both IMAP. As the target I did't specify 'Inbox' but instead the target email account itself, i.e. the parent...
Outlook.com 11. Juli 2021

Outlook folder view disappears when switching back from calendar

Outlook folder view disappears when switching back from calendar: Hello everyone, I like to have my folders in Outlook displayed in folder view. It looks like this: [IMG] When I open the calendar and switch back to my emails using the [IMG] button,...
Microsoft Office 16. Oktober 2018
Outlook Messages Disappear When Moving Folder solved
  1. Diese Seite verwendet Cookies, um Inhalte zu personalisieren, diese deiner Erfahrung anzupassen und dich nach der Registrierung angemeldet zu halten.
    Auf dieser Website werden Cookies für die Zugriffsanalyse und Anzeigenmessung verwendet.
    Wenn du dich weiterhin auf dieser Seite aufhältst, akzeptierst du unseren Einsatz von Cookies.