Accidentally changed the email address associated with a Windows Live Account and need to...

Diskutiere und helfe bei Accidentally changed the email address associated with a Windows Live Account and need to... im Bereich Outlook.com im Windows Info bei einer Lösung; My son accidentally put in his own email address as the *primary* address for my wife's Windows Live (including her Hotmail!) account. Previously it... Dieses Thema im Forum "Outlook.com" wurde erstellt von AngieGifford, 4. September 2017.

1. Accidentally changed the email address associated with a Windows Live Account and need to...

My son accidentally put in his own email address as the *primary* address for my wife's Windows Live (including her Hotmail!) account. Previously it was associated with her @hotmail.com address. And now we can only access the account using my son's email address/password, and my wife's does not work any more... at all.

We can still send emails from her Hotmail account but while they arrive showing HER name... they show HIS email address. And the account cannot receive any emails at all. Following a post I just read, we removed her email address as an *alias* where it landed when he put in his own email address as the primary. But then when we try to add her address back in again, we get a message that this cannot be done because it is a "protected domain."

So basically now my wife cannot receive any more emails (at all) and when she sends them, they appear to be coming from my son's account under her name. This is obviously not a good situation.

How do we re-establish HER @hotmail.com address as the primary address for her Windows Live account?

Thanks for any help, it's a hairy problem!

Pat Gifford

Munich

2. Vlado_D Win User

Accidentally changed the email address associated with a Windows Live Account and need to get back to where we were before

Hallo Pat Gifford,

thank you for your message to the Outlook.com Support. This is the German Outlook.com Support. If you like to proceed support here you should be aware that I can only help you in German. For further help in English I should move the thread in the English
    Support Forum.

I am waiting for your answer.

Regards,

Vlado
  3. italcraft Win User

Wie finde ich den Produktkey eines meiner 2 Office Home und Business Lizenzen

Hallo,

danke für Deine Nachricht.

Auf einem Rechner ist die 32bit, auf dem anderen 64bit.

Ich habe nach der nachstehenden Anleitung versucht den Key herauszufinden (wenn ich es richtig verstanden habe). Das funktioniert leider nicht. Mein Englisch ist wirklich nicht gut!

How to find your Office 2013 product key after installation

Do you have several Office 2013 products tied to one Microsoft account and need help finding just one product key? The steps below are useful in determining which installations correspond to which product keys if you need to reinstall office
    2013 on a new PC or after reformatting your PC.

Important When you have multiple Office 2013 installations linked to your Microsoft account, you will see them all listed on the My Account page. Do not click the
    Install button next to any product without knowing if it is an unused installation. This can cause activation issues.

Find the Office 2013 product key associated with your PC

First, find the last five digits of the product key associated with your computer.

1. Go to the PC that has Office 2013 installed
    2. Right click the Windows icon and select Command Prompt.
    3. Enter the appropriate command:
    For 32 bit Windows:

cscript “C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office15\OSPP.VBS” /dstatus

For 64 bit Windows:

cscript “C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office15\OSPP.VBS” /dstatus

1. The command prompt box will show you the last five digits of the product key associated with the installation on that PC.
    2. Make a note of the PC the Office 2013 product is installed on, and five digit number. You will need this for reference.
    Find the product key associated with activated installations linked to your Microsoft account.

Next, you will need to find the product key associated with each product linked to your Microsoft account.

1. Sign into the My Account page with the email/password associated with your Microsoft account.
    2. You will see the multiple Microsoft products linked to your Microsoft account.
    3. To begin identifying the product key associated with the installation, start with the first product.
    4. Under Account Options, choose Install from a disc.
    5. Choose the I have a disc option.
    6. Click the View your product key button.
    7. The product key for the installation is displayed.
    8. Make a note of the Office product sequence as they are displayed on the screen, and the product key associated with it. You will need this for reference.
    9. You can now match the five digit number from the command prompt on the PC to the product key on the installation.
    10. Once you determine which installations have been used on which computers, you will know which product to use for installation on the reformatted or new PC.

Note If no product key is displayed, the installation has not been used or activated.

It is helpful to create a list of the Office 2013 installations, product keys associated with each, and the PCs on which they are installed. This eliminates confusion in the future when a PC must be replaced or reformatted, and Office 2013 needs
    to be reinstalled on a machine.

Da tut sich aber gar nichts. Gibt es nicht eine einfache Methode? Schließlich habe ich beide Lizenzen für viel Geld erstanden.

Vielen Dank im Voraus
  4. LeSeule Win User

[HOTMAIL][HACKER] Alias gelöscht wegen Hackerangriff und nun empfange ich auch keine EMails mehr ...

Hi Greg,
    <br />if I just can create a new account with another address, how should I receive then the email of my old hotmaill address? Thats the point I need to know ...
    <br />
  5. Raymond Kalaiyo Win User

Not able to activate microsoft 365 purchased with the new lenovo laptop with windows 11 home

Rasika M, if you have a preinstalled Office, you need to sign in with a Microsoft account to activate it.
    Regarding the purchased subscription, if it is associated to Gmail, then your subscription is tied to your Gmail account.
  6. Diane Poremsky MVP ( Win User

In Outlook fehlen Termine

>> I logged on to Outlook Live through my regular Microsoft account, using an email address that is neither a Hotmail nor an Outlook.com address. But when I am logged on to Outlook Live, it does show an outlook.com address,
    <br /><<
    <br />Is the address outlook_long number@outlook ? That address is not routable - and it's because you have a non-Microsoft address set as primary on your Microsoft account.
    <br />Microsoft has more information in this article: Outlook.com email account appears as "outlook_[long series of letters and numbers]@outlook.com" in Outlook for Windows https://support.microsoft.com/office/90ed7938-7f21-4cb5-a69d-a3b79ea4eafd
    <br />To add the account to Outlook desktop as an Exchange account, you need to sign in using an Outlook.com alias. You can add one at account.microsoft.com, if you don't have one on the account already.
    <br />
  7. User Advert

Hi,

willkommen im Windows Forum!
Thema:

Accidentally changed the email address associated with a Windows Live Account and need to... - Outlook.com

Die Seite wird geladen...

Accidentally changed the email address associated with a Windows Live Account and need to... - Similar Threads - Accidentally changed the

Forum Datum

Copilot with a private account linked to a school account: a problem?

Copilot with a private account linked to a school account: a problem?: I have a private Microsoft account which is linked to my student Microsoft account where I have a student license for Office 365. With my private account I purchased the new Copilot subscription....
Microsoft Office 7. Februar 2024

My email account got hacked and the phone number is changed.

My email account got hacked and the phone number is changed.: Hello, the email is *** Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde aus Datenschutzgründen entfernt. *** it got hacked i had my number to it linked and i only contacted *** Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde aus...
Outlook.com 12. Oktober 2023

I need help with Windows 11 and the OS not working properly with my Ethernet to run updates

I need help with Windows 11 and the OS not working properly with my Ethernet to run updates: Hello,I did build a new PC with following Hardware:AMD RYZEN 7 5700G 3,8GHzMSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus MotherboardGigabyte RTX 3060 12GB VRAMKingston FURY 32GB RAM 4xSamsung M.2 500GB SSD OS...
Apps 17. März 2023

I need help with Windows 11 and the OS not working properly with my Ethernet to run updates

I need help with Windows 11 and the OS not working properly with my Ethernet to run updates: Hello,I did build a new PC with following Hardware:AMD RYZEN 7 5700G 3,8GHzMSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus MotherboardGigabyte RTX 3060 12GB VRAMKingston FURY 32GB RAM 4xSamsung M.2 500GB SSD OS...
Games und Spiele 17. März 2023

My account got stolen. And the recovery email got changed.

My account got stolen. And the recovery email got changed.: Why is it possible that an mailnesia email is used as an recovery email. Please help me. I bought game pass. The recorvery doesnt work. Please help me.
Apps 24. Juli 2022

My account got stolen. And the recovery email got changed.

My account got stolen. And the recovery email got changed.: Why is it possible that an mailnesia email is used as an recovery email. Please help me. I bought game pass. The recorvery doesnt work. Please help me.
Games und Spiele 24. Juli 2022

Share a Folder of a "Office 365 Business" account with a "Free OnceDrive 5GB" account - And...

Share a Folder of a "Office 365 Business" account with a "Free OnceDrive 5GB" account - And...: I am using the Office 365 Business Abo and it works great -> for one Person. But now we hired a Freelancer and would like to share specific Folders with him. The Problem is, that the Freelancer...
Microsoft Office 7. Februar 2019
Accidentally changed the email address associated with a Windows Live Account and need to... solved
  1. Diese Seite verwendet Cookies, um Inhalte zu personalisieren, diese deiner Erfahrung anzupassen und dich nach der Registrierung angemeldet zu halten.
    Auf dieser Website werden Cookies für die Zugriffsanalyse und Anzeigenmessung verwendet.
    Wenn du dich weiterhin auf dieser Seite aufhältst, akzeptierst du unseren Einsatz von Cookies.