excel reference style drops back to A1

Diskutiere und helfe bei excel reference style drops back to A1 im Bereich Microsoft Office im Windows Info bei einer Lösung; I want to work with the R1C1 reference style in Excel. But whenever I re-open my workook, it has fallen back to A1 reference style. I managed to locate... Dieses Thema im Forum "Microsoft Office" wurde erstellt von Chcristoph_252, 30. März 2018.

1. excel reference style drops back to A1

I want to work with the R1C1 reference style in Excel. But whenever I re-open my workook, it has fallen back to A1 reference style. I managed to locate the XLSTART folder and saved there a template Book.xltx with the desired R1C1 setting. But this did not help. Even the template has changed back to A1 when I re-open it. How can I prevent these unwanted changes?

2. Chcristoph_252 Win User

Many thanks for the suggestions. They did not help, though. I deleted the template Book.xltx in the start-up folder and made sure there is none anywhere on the C drive. After the close / open /close / open procedure I am back to A1 style.

There is no PERSONAL.XLSB on my C drive. I checked also the spelling in lower case. But when I open an existing workbook directly in the file explorer, the I do get actually two books: the one I wanted and an empty Book1.xlsx. Is this the other workbook
    your mention? Is it associated with the root cause? I would be grateful for a sound solution.

For the time being I implemented a Auto_Open VBA procedure, which is setting the R1C1 style at opening of the workbook. But that is a bit clumsy and I would appreciate a more professional solution.
  3. Augustine_E Win User

Hello Chcristoph,

mal sehen, wie ich dir helfen kann.

Es sollte normalerweise gehen. So geht's: Datei > Optionen
    > Formeln > Arbeiten mit Formeln und dann R1C1
    aktivieren.

Wenn das nicht klappt, dann bitte antworte auf die folgenden Fragen:

1. Welche Version von Office verwendest du? So findest du es hieraus:
      Informationen
      zu Office: Welche Version von Office verwende ich?

2. Hast du eine andere Antivirus-Software außer Windows Defender auf deinem Rechner installiert? Wenn ja, bitte
      deinstalliere dies restlos
      und probiere es nochmal aus.

Wir freuen uns auf deine Rückmeldung.

LG

AEG
  4. Chcristoph_252 Win User

Augustine

1. I have Microsoft Office 365, running Excel 2016 32 bit

2. The Norton anti-virus suite is installed on my computer, but I chosed not de-install it.

The remark of Andreas above "If the reference style is back to A1 you have other workbooks that are loaded at startup" continued ringing in my ears. I assume that every AddIn provides another workbook, which is loaded
    at start up. I see all these xla files in the VBA editor. So I picked the first suspect and uninstalled that AddIn. And the problem disappeared!

Many thanks to both of you!
  5. Andreas Killer Win User

The R1C1 reference style can only be set on application level, not at workbook level.

Means this setting affects all files!

At first, delete your template Book.xltx then do as follows:

Close Excel

Open Excel

Open File\Options\Formulas and check the option "R1C1 Reference Style"

Close Excel

Open Excel

If the reference style is back to A1 you have other workbooks that are loaded at startup, e.g. PERSONAL.XLSB

Click View\Unhide window and make the hidden workbook visible

Open File\Options\Formulas and check the option "R1C1 Reference Style"

Click View\Hide window and the hide the workbook

Close Excel

When Excel asks you to save the PERSONAL.XLSB choose Yes

Open Excel

Andreas.
  6. Lisa Wilke-Thissen Win User

R1C1 Adressbezug

Hallo,

schau mal, ob dir folgender Artikel weiterhilft:

https://excelmate.wordpress.com/2013/04/22/excel-r1c1-reference-style-vs-a1/

Viele Grüße

Lisa
  7. User Advert

Hi,

willkommen im Windows Forum!
Thema:

excel reference style drops back to A1 - Microsoft Office

Die Seite wird geladen...

excel reference style drops back to A1 - Similar Threads - excel reference style

Forum Datum

PROBLEM: Jump To A Cell Reference Within An Excel Formula

PROBLEM: Jump To A Cell Reference Within An Excel Formula: Hello,Is there a way to follow formulas to referenced cells similar to CTRL+ [ in Excel? The shortcut is not working. I changed the keyboard language but without sucess. I appreciate any help.
Microsoft Office Mittwoch um 00:52 Uhr

Valorant fps drops?

Valorant fps drops?: Ich habe seit kurzen heftige fps drops in valorant. Normalerweise habe ich so 100-150 stabile fps aber in letzter seit habe ich nur so 50-90 fps und manchmal droppen die auch runter zu 10-20 fps....
Apps 1. März 2024

Valorant fps drops?

Valorant fps drops?: Ich habe seit kurzen heftige fps drops in valorant. Normalerweise habe ich so 100-150 stabile fps aber in letzter seit habe ich nur so 50-90 fps und manchmal droppen die auch runter zu 10-20 fps....
Games und Spiele 1. März 2024

CPU GHz drops

CPU GHz drops: Hallo ich habe seit kurzen extreme cpu leistungs drops von ca 2.3-3 ghz zu 0.7. Ich habe einen laptop mit intel core i7-12700H und einer intel arc A730M grafikkarte. Mein AV ist derzeit norton....
Apps 25. Februar 2024

From WIN11 back to WIN10PRO ... ?

From WIN11 back to WIN10PRO ... ?: on my new Laptop LENOVO Win10 home was pre installedSome time ago there was an update including an upgrade to WIN11 and it's still "home"now I had to realize that an important application no...
Apps 15. November 2022

From WIN11 back to WIN10PRO ... ?

From WIN11 back to WIN10PRO ... ?: on my new Laptop LENOVO Win10 home was pre installedSome time ago there was an update including an upgrade to WIN11 and it's still "home"now I had to realize that an important application no...
Games und Spiele 15. November 2022

Style Fehler??

Style Fehler??: Hey Leute ich hab auf dem Desktop an meiner Taskleiste folgende Style Fehler... Sieht selbst, woher kann das kommen? Nein ist nicht ein Hintergrundbildfehler und kein Pixelfehler, da es sich ja...
Problemlösungen 30. Juli 2008
excel reference style drops back to A1 solved
  1. Diese Seite verwendet Cookies, um Inhalte zu personalisieren, diese deiner Erfahrung anzupassen und dich nach der Registrierung angemeldet zu halten.
    Auf dieser Website werden Cookies für die Zugriffsanalyse und Anzeigenmessung verwendet.
    Wenn du dich weiterhin auf dieser Seite aufhältst, akzeptierst du unseren Einsatz von Cookies.