Game App does not recognize Direct x9 - despite it is available

Diskutiere und helfe bei Game App does not recognize Direct x9 - despite it is available im Bereich Games und Spiele im Windows Info bei einer Lösung; Hi guys, I am trying for days now to get Dragon Age Origins Ultimate Edition and Assassines Creed 1 running on my PC. DA:O needs DirectX9 and AC1... Dieses Thema im Forum "Games und Spiele" wurde erstellt von GerGamer, 9. Mai 2020.

1. GerGamer
    GerGamer Gast

Game App does not recognize Direct x9 - despite it is available

Hi guys,

I am trying for days now to get Dragon Age Origins Ultimate Edition and Assassines Creed 1 running on my PC. DA:O needs DirectX9 and AC1 provides two executables one for DX9 one for DX10, both are not working.

The behavious is the same: Steam tries to load the game, a few seconds after that nothing happens anymore and there are no game processes running. Also there is no error message shown.

Windows 10 event monitor states an application crash within AC1 DX9 / D10 exe, respectively. For Dragon Age Origins the crashing part is the "DAOriginsConfig.exe", which is supposed to configure the game automatically depending on the PC Specs.

I tried almost everything, from running in Compatibility modes for Win XP SP3 and Win 7 which worked like a charm in the past on my old machine, to reinstalling Direct X9 via directx_june2010_redist.exe or the webhelper, uninstalling physX and installing PhysX Legacy driver, editing the game .ini file with minimal interfering settings ... but nothing helps. I also disabled Windows Defender the only anti virus tool I am using, which didnt change anything of the behavious described above. And I also checked Direct Play beeing enabled within Windows Legacy Functions list. It wasnt enabled in the first place, but after activation, there also was no change of the behaviour...

And now I am running out of ideas. :

I am using Windows 10 Pro, x64 Build 18362.778 1903/May 2019 Update. So since Steam usually installs ever driver the particular game needs, I rarely had problems playing the games. Nevertheless I checked the DirectX files and to me, they are where there supposed to be and as they supposed to be.

I am new in this forum, so I dont know how to upload files, so if my DXDiag is needed, please let me know.

My system specs are a bit overpowered for the above mentioned games, but in my eyes this cannot be that big of a deal, right?

AMD Ryzen 9 3950x

Nvidia RTX 2080TI

32 GB DDR4 3200 MHz RAM

Aorus Ultra x570 Wifi

2. User Advert

Hi,

willkommen im Windows Forum!
Thema:

Game App does not recognize Direct x9 - despite it is available - Games und Spiele

Die Seite wird geladen...

Game App does not recognize Direct x9 - despite it is available - Similar Threads - Game App does

Forum Datum

Pc is crashing when it does difficult work.

Pc is crashing when it does difficult work.: I have tried several things and multiple ways to fix that issue, but it simply doesnt work. I will provide some screenshots wiht the details of what is the log says.So the problem is my pc is...
Apps 15. Juli 2022

Pc is crashing when it does difficult work.

Pc is crashing when it does difficult work.: I have tried several things and multiple ways to fix that issue, but it simply doesnt work. I will provide some screenshots wiht the details of what is the log says.So the problem is my pc is...
Games und Spiele 15. Juli 2022

Pin is not available error

Pin is not available error: After a blackout I had to replace my powersupply, now with the new one I can't login on my windows install anymore.The error, being a pin not available error and the setup pin button doesn't work...
Apps 25. Februar 2022

Pin is not available error

Pin is not available error: After a blackout I had to replace my powersupply, now with the new one I can't login on my windows install anymore.The error, being a pin not available error and the setup pin button doesn't work...
Games und Spiele 25. Februar 2022

Word 2019 does not recognize my printer.

Word 2019 does not recognize my printer.: Hi. Today I wanted to print something with my printer in Word 2019 ... The printer is displayed in the control panel as well as in the device manager andI was even able to install the drivers via...
Microsoft Office 8. Januar 2021

an encrypted connection to your mail server is not available

an encrypted connection to your mail server is not available: hello team, sorry for spam. In the currently stuck on above mentioned error message I can see the link to 365 Walkthrough from below is not available anymore...
Microsoft Office 15. Februar 2019

Single/tabbed window experience not available as this is not an available option in latest...

Single/tabbed window experience not available as this is not an available option in latest...: Single/tabbed window experience not available: Solution --> Preferences > General > Show conversation in separate windows is unchecked. This is not an available option in latest build 16.1.456...
Microsoft Office 23. November 2016
Game App does not recognize Direct x9 - despite it is available solved
  1. Diese Seite verwendet Cookies, um Inhalte zu personalisieren, diese deiner Erfahrung anzupassen und dich nach der Registrierung angemeldet zu halten.
    Auf dieser Website werden Cookies für die Zugriffsanalyse und Anzeigenmessung verwendet.
    Wenn du dich weiterhin auf dieser Seite aufhältst, akzeptierst du unseren Einsatz von Cookies.