How to condition formula on other cell content

Diskutiere und helfe bei How to condition formula on other cell content im Bereich Microsoft Office im Windows Info bei einer Lösung; Hi, I am not sure how else to phrase my request and hope someone can help me. I created an expense list for my project and am constantly adding new... Dieses Thema im Forum "Microsoft Office" wurde erstellt von MariaSchnait, 13. August 2020.

1. How to condition formula on other cell content

Hi,

I am not sure how else to phrase my request and hope someone can help me.

I created an expense list for my project and am constantly adding new positions. The expenses are paid by several different cost units and at the bottom of the list I'd like to have an up-to-date sum of the individual cost units.

I.e. the cell contains a sum formula that includes all costs paid by cost unit XYZ. When I add an expense linked to cost unit XYZ, the sum should increase by that value - is this possible at all? Or do I have to manually extend the formula every time I'm adding an expense position?

Please ask if anything is unclear. I'm looking forward to a solution...

Rgds,

Maria

2. DaveM121 Win User

Counting persons in one cell

Hi J

Here is the formula that would count the number of ; + 1 in a cell, which if all the persons were separated by a ; would work

(Pleas Note, you will need to replace A1 with the appropriate cell reference)

=LEN(A1)-LEN(SUBSTITUTE(A1,";","")) + 1

However from your screenshot, sometimes a ; is used and other times a , is used to separate the persons names, and in that case, this is the formula you need

=LEN(A1)-LEN(SUBSTITUTE(A1,";","")) + LEN(A1)-LEN(SUBSTITUTE(A1,",","")) + 1
  3. Jason (Office Engine Win User

SWAY - Setting different Languages

Individual users can change the link for the app's UI using the link that appears on the lower left of the My Sways page, but this does not change the language of the content you have typed in. Sway does not have a built in translator so it will always
    display in the language you entered. If you want to translate the content, the viewers will have to use a browser feature or add-on after opening it. One thing you can do to help with this translation is to indicate the language that your Sway is in using
    the Settings pane found on the ... menu, but again, this won't do the actual translation.

Let us know how this goes and if you have any other questions.

Jason
  4. Axel Bier Win User

Warum kann man im aktuellen XLS nicht mehr Bilder in Tabellen in andere Bereiche durch Formeln kopieren?

Hi, thanks for your reply.
    The Version is MS office 365, Excel 2208.
    I know how to insert graphics in XLS, but if one photo is in a cell, there is no way to simply get that image into another cell just by typing "=A2".
    Years ago that was easy to do, like that.
    Now, e.g. doing a list of products with photos, it takes hours to use the "work around" getting images to the define cell from another table.
    My question: why had that been changed and for what reason?
    I thought a cell content is a cell content, either text or images, I see no difference handling the "content".
    Honestly I miss that "old" functionality since years, and looking in YouTube you see lots of videos helping to get that simple job done - in 10-15 minutes.... Got it ? :)
    BR
    Axel
  5. Andreas Killer Win User

Problem mit Verlinken von Zellen in anderer Tabelle

6. Andreas Killer Win User

VBA Formeln per Makro in Zellen schreiben

Nee, das geht so nicht. A) muss jedes " verdoppelt werden, weil " ist in VBA ein reserviertes Zeichen und B) musst Du FormulaLocal statt der FormulaR1C1Local nehmen.

Und mit ActiveCell.Offset(0, 10) würde ich niemals arbeiten, weil dann landet die Formel je nach aktueller Zelle irgendwo.

Schau Dir das Beispiel unten mal an und versuche es nach dem Schema nachzubauen.

Andreas.

Sub Example_HowToCreateAFormulaWithVBA()

'Copy the formula from Excel as is

' =INDEX(C1:C2,MATCH($A$1,B1:B2,0))&"Whatever"

'double each " sign inside:

' =INDEX(C1:C2,MATCH($A$1,B1:B2,0))&""Whatever""

'surround the whole formula with " signs

' "=INDEX(C1:C2,MATCH($A$1,B1:B2,0))&""Whatever"""

'Replace the cell references with a "placeholder" (any unique string that you like and doesn't exists elsewhere)

' "=INDEX(#C#,MATCH(#A#,#B#,0))&""Whatever"""

'and assign to a string:

Dim MyDefFormula As String

MyDefFormula = "=INDEX(#C#,MATCH(#A#,#B#,0))&""Whatever"""

'Now create the Range objects and refer to the real cells

Dim a As Range, b As Range, c As Range

Set a = Range("A1") 'A single cell

Set b = Range("B2:B50") 'Multiple cells

Set c = Range("C2", Range("C" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp)) 'From C2 to last used cell in column C

'Note:

' You can refer to cells in an other sheet (note the dot in front of Range!):

'With Worksheets("That")

' Set C = .Range("C2", .Range("C" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp))

'End With

' Or other already opened files:

'With Workbooks("This.xlsx").Worksheets("That")

' Set C = .Range("C2", .Range("C" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp))

'End With

'Make a copy of your default formula into a work string

Dim MyFormula As String

MyFormula = MyDefFormula

'Replace the placeholders with the cell references

MyFormula = Replace(MyFormula, "#A#", a.Address)

'Note:

' The first arguments of Range.Address controls where the $ appears in the formula

MyFormula = Replace(MyFormula, "#B#", b.Address(0, 0))

'Note:

' The part 'External:=True' is necessary if you refer to other sheets or files

' But it works also if the reference is in the active sheet

MyFormula = Replace(MyFormula, "#C#", c.Address(External:=True))

'Write the formula into the cell

Range("A2").Formula = MyFormula

'Note:

' If your locale language is not English you can use the FormulaLocal property instead

' But in this case the code works only on PCs with your locale settings

'Range("A2").FormulaLocal = MyFormula

'Note:

' If you want to create array formulas use the FormulaArray property

' But in this case use must use English formulas, a FormulaArrayLocale doesn't exists

'Range("A2:A10").FormulaArray = MyFormula

End Sub
  7. User Advert

Hi,

willkommen im Windows Forum!
Thema:

How to condition formula on other cell content - Microsoft Office

Die Seite wird geladen...

How to condition formula on other cell content - Similar Threads - How condition formula

Forum Datum

PROBLEM: Jump To A Cell Reference Within An Excel Formula

PROBLEM: Jump To A Cell Reference Within An Excel Formula: Hello,Is there a way to follow formulas to referenced cells similar to CTRL+ [ in Excel? The shortcut is not working. I changed the keyboard language but without sucess. I appreciate any help.
Microsoft Office Mittwoch um 00:52 Uhr

How to Change Voicemail on iPhone?

How to Change Voicemail on iPhone?: If you are wondering how to change voicemail on an iphone then you landed on the right place. Below are the instructions to change the voicemail on iphone. Open your phone App and tap on...
Allgemeines 13. Juli 2023

How to start streaks on snapchat

How to start streaks on snapchat: Starting a streak on snapchat is very easy. Most of the users don't know about a snapstreak. Snapchat users only use snapchat for clicking photos with different types of filters. If you and your...
Microsoft Windows 17. Februar 2023

How to merge cells in a table on a communication site in SharePoint?

How to merge cells in a table on a communication site in SharePoint?: How do I merge cells in an existing table on a communication site in SharePoint? I can't find this option within the tools provided. Is there a work-around?Thank you so much!Best,Nina
Microsoft Office 8. Dezember 2022

Using Vlookup on other Workbook whichs path is stored in a Cell

Using Vlookup on other Workbook whichs path is stored in a Cell: Good Day Im Trying to do Vlookup on a closed Workbook whichs path is stored in a Cell. For that im writing a Function which opens the Workbook by the path given, and then does the VLookup on a...
Microsoft Office 26. August 2020

How to sync Microsoft To-Do (on Android) with O365 (on Desktop)?

How to sync Microsoft To-Do (on Android) with O365 (on Desktop)?: I have installed Microsoft To-Do App on my Android Smartphone (HTC U11 life with newest Android Version) and I have O365 on my Desktop PC. On both apps I am logged in with my Microsoft Account. On...
Outlook.com 21. Oktober 2018

How can I make my document changes invisible to others?

How can I make my document changes invisible to others?: Ich habe ein Word 2010-Dokument mit sehr vielen Korrekturen geschrieben. Nach der Fertigstellung sehe ich alle meine Änderungen in roter Schrift, sobald ich das Dokument öffne. Zwar kann ich unter...
Microsoft Office 31. Juli 2018
How to condition formula on other cell content solved
  1. Diese Seite verwendet Cookies, um Inhalte zu personalisieren, diese deiner Erfahrung anzupassen und dich nach der Registrierung angemeldet zu halten.
    Auf dieser Website werden Cookies für die Zugriffsanalyse und Anzeigenmessung verwendet.
    Wenn du dich weiterhin auf dieser Seite aufhältst, akzeptierst du unseren Einsatz von Cookies.