Microsoft prompts me to verify my email with an old email that I have already changed

Diskutiere und helfe bei Microsoft prompts me to verify my email with an old email that I have already changed im Bereich Outlook.com im Windows Info bei einer Lösung; My problem is simple, I do not want that Microsoft keeps logs and info about my old e-mail, as apparently despite following guides on how to change the... Dieses Thema im Forum "Outlook.com" wurde erstellt von LunaKlatzer, 18. November 2021.

1. Microsoft prompts me to verify my email with an old email that I have already changed

My problem is simple, I do not want that Microsoft keeps logs and info about my old e-mail, as apparently despite following guides on how to change the account email alias I am forced to use my old email to verify because apparently, my primary alias is not what is shown as email.It is essential this email is not used anymore, and I need that there is some way to change my main email and entirely avoid having to stick to my old email, as that is obviously also a security risk and problem when an old changed email is still used for prompts such as this:Here I logged in with my new email, but

2. Smug Puppy Win User

Microsoft prompts me to verify my email with an old email that I have already changed

Hi, my name is Neil, and I'm an Outlook user like you.

I'll be happy to help answer your question.

You need to change your Security settings on your Microsoft account to remove this old email address as a source of ways to prove who you are.

To do this, go to: https://account.microsoft.com/security

Sign into your account.

Click on "Advanced security options".

Under "Ways to prove who you are" remove the email address you no longer want to use and that keeps requesting a code be sent to it.

I would recommend that you use at least one additional backup email address and a mobile phone number to recover your account or receive verification codes to, to avoid being locked out of your account in the future.

Also on the Advanced security options page, you can turn ON / OFF Passwordless account and Two-step verification.

Once you have changed your security backup email details online, you may have to reboot your computer before it starts to ask you your new backup email details (it might still ask for your old email details, giving you an incorrect feeling that the new email hasn't worked....but it just needs a reboot).

I hope this helps.

Kindest regards,

Neil
  3. LunaKlatzer Win User

Thank u a lot ^^ This fixed it. I was worried my account was still somehow connected to the old email, as that would be quite bad in this case, but it seems it's alright now and my primary email is properly used now.
    <br />
  4. ObiTobi Win User

How can I set Outlook to offline/online mode automatically depending on network connection?

Hello Diane,
    <br />Your second screenshot is very interesting to me as my Outlook does not do this. That is also the reason why I want to build something there. If I forget to switch Outlook to offline mode, then suddenly it just doesn't show me any messages. I always have to wait until I'm online again and that's just unpleasant.
    <br />Can this be related to the fact that I don't have an Exchange connection but all my accounts are IMAP accounts?
    <br />I can't put my Hotmail address in Outlook because then I have problems with my calendar, tasks, etc. that go through an IMAP account.
    <br />Robert

<br />
  5. LeSeule Win User

[HOTMAIL][HACKER] Alias gelöscht wegen Hackerangriff und nun empfange ich auch keine EMails mehr ...

Hi Greg,
    <br />if I just can create a new account with another address, how should I receive then the email of my old hotmaill address? Thats the point I need to know ...
    <br />
  6. Matthias Ewald Win User

Outlook 365 zieht nicht alle Mails von Outlook Browser -> wie kann das sein???

btw how much email space do i have for my outlook.de email adress with outlook 365?
    is it part of the same 100GB that i have with office 365 (onedrive - storage)?
  7. User Advert

Hi,

willkommen im Windows Forum!
Thema:

Microsoft prompts me to verify my email with an old email that I have already changed - Outlook.com

Die Seite wird geladen...

Microsoft prompts me to verify my email with an old email that I have already changed - Similar Threads - Microsoft prompts verify

Forum Datum

Can I get my old email with the domainname hotmail.de back?

Can I get my old email with the domainname hotmail.de back?: I played an online game with the adress "se****** Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde aus Datenschutzgründen entfernt. ***" in 2014. To write with their support i wanted to access this email, but it got...
Outlook.com 16. April 2024

cant access to my old emails in my Hotmail account

cant access to my old emails in my Hotmail account: I can't access my old emails in my Hotmail account, and it only shows what I sent.
Outlook.com 28. Januar 2024

I have an email saying the want to deactivate my mail account

I have an email saying the want to deactivate my mail account: I have an email saying the want to deactivate my mail account: Dear *** Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde aus Datenschutzgründen entfernt. *** This is to notify you that for the last time we will stop...
Outlook.com 10. November 2023

it tells me to verify my emial by accessing a code i got per email

it tells me to verify my emial by accessing a code i got per email: I need to access my email urgently but to access it it tells me to get a verification code that was emailed to me. the problem is to access it i need the code and to get to code i need to access...
Outlook.com 24. Oktober 2023

I lost my old sim card- and because my old phone got erased, i have no access to either SMS...

I lost my old sim card- and because my old phone got erased, i have no access to either SMS...: I lost my old sim card- and because my old phone got erased, i have no access to either SMS or authenticator code- how can i log in again, what other methods can i somehow use, I am gettign crazy...
Microsoft Office 13. August 2023

Microsoft prompts me to use to verify my email with an old email that I have already changed

Microsoft prompts me to use to verify my email with an old email that I have already changed: My problem is simple, I do not want that Microsoft keeps logs and info about my old e-mail, as apparently despite following guides on how to change the account email alias I am forced to use my...
Outlook.com 18. November 2021

I have probleme with my income Email address why is it like that ?

I have probleme with my income Email address why is it like that ?: Dear Support Microsoft I ist a Long time i don't receive my mails on my Email address *** Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde aus Datenschutzgründen entfernt. *** . I would like to know if you can help...
Outlook.com 17. Januar 2020
Microsoft prompts me to verify my email with an old email that I have already changed solved
  1. Diese Seite verwendet Cookies, um Inhalte zu personalisieren, diese deiner Erfahrung anzupassen und dich nach der Registrierung angemeldet zu halten.
    Auf dieser Website werden Cookies für die Zugriffsanalyse und Anzeigenmessung verwendet.
    Wenn du dich weiterhin auf dieser Seite aufhältst, akzeptierst du unseren Einsatz von Cookies.