Office 365 keeps logging in with a messed up version of university account

Diskutiere und helfe bei Office 365 keeps logging in with a messed up version of university account im Bereich Microsoft Office im Windows Info bei einer Lösung; Hi everybody, I'm using Office 365 as provided through my university. There must be some conflict between different versions of the same user... Dieses Thema im Forum "Microsoft Office" wurde erstellt von Laura_Stiefen, 14. Mai 2020.

1. Office 365 keeps logging in with a messed up version of university account

Hi everybody,

I'm using Office 365 as provided through my university.

There must be some conflict between different versions of the same user account stored somewhere, which keeps causing conflicts e.g. when trying to use auto save, or collaborating on documents on sharepoint it would tell me that another user of the same institution is already logged in

When I open e.g. word files, the account that is shown in the top right corner displays the correct accountname ....@universityxy.ac.uk. Usually, the username should be displayed, as Last Name, First Name; but in my case it shows First Name Last Name. When I tried with a different test profile on my computer, it displayed the user name correctly and none of conflicts occurred, so I figured that this indicates there must be something wrong with the accounts.

I have already tried re-installing Office, and when I launched Outlook for the first time was prompted to activate my account. However, when launching word, I didn't have to do this, and it already showed my account the reversed version though, so I figured this might be another indicator that some version of the account was not deinstalled, and everytime Office is launched the corrupted version of the account is used as default.

I would appreciate any suggestions on how to tackle this problem, e.g. by doing a clean re-installation of my office account.

2. Galin Karlovv Win User

Office 365 keeps logging in with a messed up version of university account

Hallo Laura,

Du hast in der deutschen Abteilung in Community geschrieben und wir können nur auf Deutsch beantworten.

Microsoft hat die Notwendigkeit auch anerkannt und hat jetzt einige Ressourcen hier im Community Forum hinzugefügt. Du kannst jetzt gern deine Microsoft Education Anfragen in dem zugehörigen
    Education
    Forum
    posten. Das Forum ist leider immer noch nur auf English.
    Hier findest du jetzt jede Menge von verbundene hilfreiche Informationen. Offizielle
    Information für die Entwicklung kann man hier
    lesen.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,

Galin Karlov

Microsoft Office 365 Support Engineer
  3. Andre for Directly Win User

Office 365 vs Office Home 2019

Hi Gam,

New computers often come with a trial version of Office 365. Users who attempt to install their own personal copy of Office 365 or Office 2016/2019 over the trial will often encounter a conflict that prevents them from using their copy.

Use the fix it tool to completely uninstall Office:

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/uninst...

Install your copy of Office 2019:

Step 1 - Sign in to download Office

Go to http://www.office.com and if you're not already signed in, select Sign in.

Sign in with the account you associated with this version of Office. This account can be a Microsoft account, or work or school account.

Forgot your account details? See I forgot the account I use with Office.

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/i-forg...

On the Office home page, do the following depending on your version of Office.

If you signed in with a Microsoft account, from the Office home page select Install Office > Install. (Office 365 subscribers should select Install again).

This begins the download of Office. Follow the prompts on your screen to complete the install.
  4. Rasika murkar Win User

Not able to activate microsoft 365 purchased with the new lenovo laptop with windows 11 home

Yes, I am logging in with a microsoft account which i opened using the same gmail account and still it asks me to purchase or start test version.

[​IMG]
  5. Desislava Dimova MSF Win User

Externen Benutzer an Feedback Workflow teilnehmen lassen

Hallo IvanVukovic,

This site member receives a task notification, with instructions to send a copy of the item for review to the outside participant. (Meanwhile, the outside participant receives a copy of the task notification, which can function as a useful alert or heads-up.)

Die Aufgabe wird einem Organisationsmitglied zugewiesen und er soll eine eine Kopie des Dokuments den externen Mitarbeiter weiterleiten.

Für weitere Fragen stehe ich gerne zur Verfügung

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,

Desislava Dimova

Microsoft Office 365 Support Engineer
  6. Miss Sneha Gupta Win User

OneNote does not save changes

Hi,

I'm Sneha and I'd be happy to help you out with your question. Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Based on your description, I think there could be an issue with the synchronization of your notes with the cloud storage. There are a few things that we can try to troubleshoot the problem.

First, let's check your synchronization settings. Make sure that your OneNote app is set up to sync automatically and that you're signed in with the correct Microsoft account. You can do this by going to the app's settings and checking the synchronization options.

Next, let's check your network connectivity. A stable internet connection is necessary for OneNote to sync your changes properly. Ensure that your device has a good internet connection and that there are no firewall or security settings blocking OneNote from accessing the internet.

It's also possible that there could be conflicts with other apps on your device. Some third-party apps or security software may interfere with OneNote's synchronization process. Try disabling any such apps temporarily to see if this resolves the issue.

Lastly, if your changes are not syncing properly, you can check the version history in OneNote. OneNote keeps a history of your notes, so your changes may be saved there.

For more Information, please refer to following resource :-

"See a list of recent changes in a notebook in OneNote for Windows" - https://support.microsoft.com/offic...-windows-55dc5183-9112-4c7e-a9cf-44cd66c19c77

If you have any other questions or need assistance with anything, please don't hesitate to let me know. It will be my pleasure to Assist you.

Best Regards,
    Sneha

Give back to the community. Help the next person with this problem by indicating whether this answer solved your problem. Click Yes or No at the bottom.
  7. User Advert

Hi,

willkommen im Windows Forum!
Thema:

Office 365 keeps logging in with a messed up version of university account - Microsoft Office

Die Seite wird geladen...

Office 365 keeps logging in with a messed up version of university account - Similar Threads - Office 365 keeps

Forum Datum

Copilot with a private account linked to a school account: a problem?

Copilot with a private account linked to a school account: a problem?: I have a private Microsoft account which is linked to my student Microsoft account where I have a student license for Office 365. With my private account I purchased the new Copilot subscription....
Microsoft Office 7. Februar 2024

Account blocked all of a sudden!

Account blocked all of a sudden!: Aus diesem Thread ausgliedern. Guten Tag,ich befinde mich am Rande der Verzweiflung. Mein Account wurde ebenfalls aus heiterem Himmel gesperrt.Ich habe das selbe Problem. ich benutze seit so...
Outlook.com 1. Oktober 2022

Share a Folder of a "Office 365 Business" account with a "Free OnceDrive 5GB" account - And...

Share a Folder of a "Office 365 Business" account with a "Free OnceDrive 5GB" account - And...: I am using the Office 365 Business Abo and it works great -> for one Person. But now we hired a Freelancer and would like to share specific Folders with him. The Problem is, that the Freelancer...
Microsoft Office 7. Februar 2019

Login with university office 365 account in word not possible

Login with university office 365 account in word not possible: Hello, I'm currently unable to use Word and other Office services via my university account. As shown in the screenshot I downloaded the office 365 package with the license for products such as...
Microsoft Office 16. Mai 2018

Login with university office 365 account in word not possible

Login with university office 365 account in word not possible: Hello, I'm currently unable to use Word and other Office services via my university account. As shown in the screenshot I downloaded the office 365 package with the license for products such as...
Microsoft Office 16. Mai 2018

Office 365 University

Office 365 University: Mein Office 365 University ist abgelaufen. Wie kann ich's für 4 Jahre verlängern?
Microsoft Office 7. November 2017

Von Office 365 University auf die kostenlose Version Office 365 Education ?

Von Office 365 University auf die kostenlose Version Office 365 Education ?: Hallo zusammen, ich nutze derzeit Office 365 University dessen Lizenz diesen Dezember auslaufen wird. Vorab sei gesagt das ich eingeschriebene Studentin bin und meine Uni auch als...
Microsoft Office 25. Oktober 2017
Office 365 keeps logging in with a messed up version of university account solved
  1. Diese Seite verwendet Cookies, um Inhalte zu personalisieren, diese deiner Erfahrung anzupassen und dich nach der Registrierung angemeldet zu halten.
    Auf dieser Website werden Cookies für die Zugriffsanalyse und Anzeigenmessung verwendet.
    Wenn du dich weiterhin auf dieser Seite aufhältst, akzeptierst du unseren Einsatz von Cookies.