Office 365 keeps logging in with a messed up version of university account

Diskutiere und helfe bei Office 365 keeps logging in with a messed up version of university account im Bereich Microsoft Office im Windows Info bei einer Lösung; Hi everybody, I'm using Office 365 as provided through my university. There must be some conflict between different versions of the same user... Dieses Thema im Forum "Microsoft Office" wurde erstellt von Laura_Stiefen, 14. Mai 2020.

1. Office 365 keeps logging in with a messed up version of university account

Hi everybody,

I'm using Office 365 as provided through my university.

There must be some conflict between different versions of the same user account stored somewhere, which keeps causing conflicts e.g. when trying to use auto save, or collaborating on documents on sharepoint it would tell me that another user of the same institution is already logged in

When I open e.g. word files, the account that is shown in the top right corner displays the correct accountname ....@universityxy.ac.uk. Usually, the username should be displayed, as Last Name, First Name; but in my case it shows First Name Last Name. When I tried with a different test profile on my computer, it displayed the user name correctly and none of conflicts occurred, so I figured that this indicates there must be something wrong with the accounts.

I have already tried re-installing Office, and when I launched Outlook for the first time was prompted to activate my account. However, when launching word, I didn't have to do this, and it already showed my account the reversed version though, so I figured this might be another indicator that some version of the account was not deinstalled, and everytime Office is launched the corrupted version of the account is used as default.

I would appreciate any suggestions on how to tackle this problem, e.g. by doing a clean re-installation of my office account.

2. Andre for Directly Win User

Office 365 vs Office Home 2019

Hi Gam,

New computers often come with a trial version of Office 365. Users who attempt to install their own personal copy of Office 365 or Office 2016/2019 over the trial will often encounter a conflict that prevents them from using their copy.

Use the fix it tool to completely uninstall Office:

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/uninst...

Install your copy of Office 2019:

Step 1 - Sign in to download Office

Go to http://www.office.com and if you're not already signed in, select Sign in.

Sign in with the account you associated with this version of Office. This account can be a Microsoft account, or work or school account.

Forgot your account details? See I forgot the account I use with Office.

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/i-forg...

On the Office home page, do the following depending on your version of Office.

If you signed in with a Microsoft account, from the Office home page select Install Office > Install. (Office 365 subscribers should select Install again).

This begins the download of Office. Follow the prompts on your screen to complete the install.
  3. Desislava Dimova MSF Win User

Externen Benutzer an Feedback Workflow teilnehmen lassen

Hallo IvanVukovic,

This site member receives a task notification, with instructions to send a copy of the item for review to the outside participant. (Meanwhile, the outside participant receives a copy of the task notification, which can function as a useful alert or heads-up.)

Die Aufgabe wird einem Organisationsmitglied zugewiesen und er soll eine eine Kopie des Dokuments den externen Mitarbeiter weiterleiten.

Für weitere Fragen stehe ich gerne zur Verfügung

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,

Desislava Dimova

Microsoft Office 365 Support Engineer
  4. Wolfgang_Schneider_H Win User

Produkt Key für Office 365 bei Kauff im Apple App Store

@Michalina

I did that, but Apple didn't see any responsibility and directed me to Microsoft support. I was fed up with the handling and have solved the problem by obtaining a Office 365 Home Subscription at a local store and that of course had a key and serves me well
    plus my family members. Thanks for your advise.
  5. Doug Robbins - Word Win User

Office 2013 stürzt ab

See the Article “Why do I get a "stopped working message when I start my Office application at:

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/support/why-cant-i-start-my-office-2013-application-HA104011864.aspx

If that does not help, then you might remove all traces of the Office installation by downloading the fixit from the following article:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2739501

saving it to your computer and then running it.

Then reinstall Office by logging into www.office.com/myaccountwith
    your registered email address and click Install Office.

BEFORE REMOVING THE OFFICE INSTALLATION, MAKE SURE THAT YOU ARE ABLE TO LOG INTO YOUR ACCOUNT AND THAT OFFICE IS ASSOCIATED WITH IT!

If you actually have Office 2013 (locally installed) rather than the subscription version provided through Office 365, then you can't get Office through your Microsoft Account. Instead, see

https://products.office.com/en-us/download-back-up-restore-microsoft-office-products
  6. Markus Wenger Win User

wiederverbinden Outlook.com danach keine Kontakte und kein Kalender mehr

Hello Agnethe

Of course,

Since I have a separate domain with e-mail, the Outlook.com account is not my main and not my only account.
    So I had to perform step 2 in the tutorial.

I have the IMAP mail accounts re-set up.

So now I am back on the green field and can try to set up the Outlook.com account.

How do I add the account via "e-mail account" or via "manual configuration or additional service types"?

I have log myself correctly.

The direct way "e-mail account" does not go my e-mail address is ***** is and no @ Outlook.com address.
    My account with Microsoft is my e-mail address *****

Therefore, somehow simply can not work.

Frustration....

Greetings Markus
  7. User Advert

Hi,

willkommen im Windows Forum!
Thema:

Office 365 keeps logging in with a messed up version of university account - Microsoft Office

Die Seite wird geladen...

Office 365 keeps logging in with a messed up version of university account - Similar Threads - Office 365 keeps

Forum Datum

Share a Folder of a "Office 365 Business" account with a "Free OnceDrive 5GB" account - And...

Share a Folder of a "Office 365 Business" account with a "Free OnceDrive 5GB" account - And...: I am using the Office 365 Business Abo and it works great -> for one Person. But now we hired a Freelancer and would like to share specific Folders with him. The Problem is, that the Freelancer...
Microsoft Office 7. Februar 2019

Please help me with setting up a tool to analyze a food frequency questioner

Please help me with setting up a tool to analyze a food frequency questioner: Dear Community, I would like to set up a tool to analyze a nutrition survey. There are about 40 different foods. For each food the subjects are asked about the times eaten in the last month...
Microsoft Office 23. November 2018

Login with university office 365 account in word not possible

Login with university office 365 account in word not possible: Hello, I'm currently unable to use Word and other Office services via my university account. As shown in the screenshot I downloaded the office 365 package with the license for products such as...
Microsoft Office 16. Mai 2018

Login with university office 365 account in word not possible

Login with university office 365 account in word not possible: Hello, I'm currently unable to use Word and other Office services via my university account. As shown in the screenshot I downloaded the office 365 package with the license for products such as...
Microsoft Office 16. Mai 2018

Von Office 365 University auf die kostenlose Version Office 365 Education ?

Von Office 365 University auf die kostenlose Version Office 365 Education ?: Hallo zusammen, ich nutze derzeit Office 365 University dessen Lizenz diesen Dezember auslaufen wird. Vorab sei gesagt das ich eingeschriebene Studentin bin und meine Uni auch als...
Microsoft Office 25. Oktober 2017

Setting up multiple email and calendar accounts in a microsoft account

Setting up multiple email and calendar accounts in a microsoft account: I am trying to consolidate all email accounts and calendars into one simple place. I have an exchange account for school email and calendar (@school) an office 365 account for work email and...
Microsoft Office 13. Februar 2017

Office 365 Aktivierung nach Back-Up mit Schul-Account

Office 365 Aktivierung nach Back-Up mit Schul-Account: Hallo Community, ich habe mein neues Macbook durch ein Back-Up wiederhergestellt. Leider funktioniert Office 365 seitdem nicht mehr ordnungsgemäß. Ich kann leider nur noch Dateien betrachten,...
Microsoft Office 30. Dezember 2016
Office 365 keeps logging in with a messed up version of university account solved
  1. Diese Seite verwendet Cookies, um Inhalte zu personalisieren, diese deiner Erfahrung anzupassen und dich nach der Registrierung angemeldet zu halten.
    Wenn du dich weiterhin auf dieser Seite aufhältst, akzeptierst du unseren Einsatz von Cookies.