Open Word document and attaching a data source on macOS via AppleScript - Unexpected...

Diskutiere und helfe bei Open Word document and attaching a data source on macOS via AppleScript - Unexpected... im Bereich Microsoft Office im Windows Info bei einer Lösung; Hello!I want to open a Word document and attach a data source via the following AppleScript:set mergefile to POSIX file "<path to word file>.docx"set... Dieses Thema im Forum "Microsoft Office" wurde erstellt von Dominik Hölzl, 25. November 2021.

1. Open Word document and attaching a data source on macOS via AppleScript - Unexpected...

Hello!I want to open a Word document and attach a data source via the following AppleScript:set mergefile to POSIX file "<path to word file>.docx"set mergedatasource to POSIX file "<path to data source>.csv"tell application "Microsoft Word" activate set display alerts to alerts none open file name mergefile as text -- first security access alert open mergefile -- second security alert access set mergedocument to document name of info for mergefile set main document type of data merge of mergedocument to document type form letters set mergedocument to active document open da

2. Wolf Spohr Win User

Open Word document and attaching a data source on macOS via AppleScript - Unexpected security dialog

Hello Dominik,
    <br />Bitte eröffne einen Thread hier
    <br />Oder mache online eine Serviceanfrage auf.
    <br />Mit freundlichem Gruß
    <br />Wolf Fabian Spohr
    <br />Microsoft Office 365 Business Support
    <br />
  3. oluwasegunfunmi ayod Win User

How can I set ALL Word docs to open in an editable mode?

HI Schmirby

To set Word so that all documents always open in editable mode, follow these steps:

1. Open Microsoft Word.

2. Click on the "File" tab in the upper left corner of the screen.

3. Click on "Options" at the bottom of the left-hand menu.

4. In the Word Options dialog box, click on "Advanced" in the left-hand menu.

5. Scroll down to the "Editing options" section.

6. Make sure the "Allow only this type of editing in the document" option is unchecked.

7. Check the box next to "Open e-mail attachments and other uneditable files in reading view".

8. Click "OK" to save the changes.

ADDITIONALLY, By default, Word opens documents in "Read Mode" which is designed to make reading and reviewing documents easier. If you prefer to always open documents in "Editable Mode", you can change this setting in Word's options. Here's how:

Open Word and click on "File" in the top left corner.

Click on "Options" in the left-hand menu.

Click on "General" in the left-hand menu.

In the "Startup options" section, uncheck the box next to "Open e-mail attachments and other uneditable files in reading view".

Click "OK" to save the changes.

Now, when you open a document in Word, it will always open in "Editable Mode". If you want to switch back to "Read Mode", you can do so by clicking on the "View" tab in the ribbon and selecting "Read Mode" from the "View" options.

BEST REGARDS,
    SEGUNFUNMI
  4. G.O.Tuhls Win User

Word2016 Optionen/Speichern/Schalter Backstage

Die Sourcen wirst Du nicht bekommen, aber hast Du schon mal Deine Umgebung auf "Störenfriede" abgeklopft?

Hier ein paar Hinweise.

Gruß

G.O.
  5. Denise_F. Win User

Word Dokumente öffnen nicht mehr

Dear Charles,
    <br />thank you so much for your help. I must update the given information a bit: When I posted this, I thought that only two docs were affected, but in reality there a more - yet, by far not all of them. I can open others, that are filed on that same external drive as well (in the same folder or in others), without any issues. All of them are docx.
    <br />I worked on two of them on Dec 9 the last time with Word Microsoft 365, and all was fine. I sent these docs via email back then, but when I try to open them in that email, the same error message appears.
    <br />Strangely enough, these docs can be easily opened by another email recipient (android), who tried to file it under a different file name and then sent it back to me, with no positive result, unfortunately. Just now, however, I decided to send the docs to another email address of mine, where I could open them and add a small modification, file them in the cloud and send them back to my inbox - and, gladly enough, it worked, I can open the documents without any issues. What on earth is the issue???
    <br />Cheers, Denise
    <br />
  6. DavidG4P Win User

Restrict permissions for Word document does not work -- Berechtigungen einschränken für Word-Dokument funktioniert nicht

[table][tr]Danke für Deine Antwort.<br />Auch wenn ich das Dokument auf einem anderen PC mit dem privaten Konto öffne, kann ich das Dokument immer noch uneingeschränkt bearbeiten und speichern.<br />Das Dokument ist auf dem OneDrive meines Firmenaccounts gespeichert.<br />Nun habe ich das Dokument in eine SharePoint Bibliothek meines Firmenaccounts verschoben. Wenn ich es von dort öffne, kommt diese Meldung:<br />Thank you for your answer. <br />Even if I open the document on another PC with the private account, I can still edit and save the document without any restrictions. <br />The document is saved on my company's OneDrive. <br />I've now moved the document to a SharePoint library on my company account. When I try to open it from there, this message comes up:<br />[/tr][tr][td][​IMG]<br />[/td][td]Unfortunately, Word cannot open the document in a browser because it is blocked by Information Rights Management (IRM). To view the document, please open it in the desktop version of Microsoft Word. <br />Your feedback helps Microsoft improve Word. <br />Edit in desktop app<br />[/td][/tr][tr][td]Wenn daraufhin das Dokument aus SharePoint in Word lokal geöffnet wird, dann lässt es sich auch vom privaten Account aus wieder uneingeschränkt bearbeiten. Die Rechteeinschränkung innerhalb Microsoft Word funktioniert also immer noch nicht. <br />Danke auch für den Tipp hinsichtlich der Vergabe von SharePoint-Berechtigungen für das Dokument. <br />Das Problem damit ist, dass das Word-Dokument in einer SharePoint-Bibliothek liegen soll, bei der ich nicht zu den Eigentümern gehöre. Anscheinend gibt es in diesem Fall für mich keine Möglichkeit, den Eigentümern und Mitgliedern dieser SharePoint-Bibliothek Schreibrechte für diese Datei zu entziehen, auch nicht über die SharePoint-Rechteverwaltung. <br />Gibt es keine weitere Möglichkeit, bei einem Word-Dokument in einer fremden SharePoint-Bibliothek das Ändern der Datei zu verhindern? <br />[/td][td]If the document is then opened from SharePoint in Word locally, it can still be edited without restrictions even from the private account. So the Microsoft Word rights restriction still does not work. <br />Thanks also for the tip regarding the assignment of SharePoint permissions to the document. <br />The problem with this is that the Word document is supposed to be in a SharePoint library where I am not one of the owners. Apparently, in this case, there is no way for me to set the document to read-only for the owners and members of this SharePoint library, using SharePoint permissions management. <br />Is there no other way to prevent a Word document from being modified when it is stored in someone else's SharePoint library? <br />[/td][/tr][/table]
  7. User Advert

Hi,

willkommen im Windows Forum!
Thema:

Open Word document and attaching a data source on macOS via AppleScript - Unexpected... - Microsoft Office

Die Seite wird geladen...

Open Word document and attaching a data source on macOS via AppleScript - Unexpected... - Similar Threads - Open Word document

Forum Datum

How to create a short link to a document on Sharepoint?

How to create a short link to a document on Sharepoint?: We need a way to put short links to further reading documents on our PRINTED One-Pagers, Internal Bulletins and Executive Summaries.How is anyone, let alone an executive, going to be able to TYPE...
Microsoft Office 9. Januar 2024

Use and link multiple excel-objects in a word-document

Use and link multiple excel-objects in a word-document: Dear Microsoft-Support,Case description: We have a project where a lot of text information as well as data has to be combined and regularly updated in parallel.In the current solution, there is a...
Microsoft Office 2. Juni 2023

Cannot open a Section

Cannot open a Section: HiI use Onenote on my Ipad. It is the newest Version. This morning it kept loading and got stuck on those, so I reset both profile and saved data. Now I can access everything but one section. It...
Microsoft Office 3. Januar 2023

Open-Source Programme lassen sich unter WIN11 nicht installieren

Open-Source Programme lassen sich unter WIN11 nicht installieren: Guten Abend, ich wollte OpenOffice und andere Open-Source-Programme von Computer-Bild installieren. Jedoch werden die Setup-Dateien nach dem Download vom WIN-Devender mit einem Sicherheitshinweis...
Apps 23. Dezember 2021

Open-Source Programme lassen sich unter WIN11 nicht installieren

Open-Source Programme lassen sich unter WIN11 nicht installieren: Guten Abend, ich wollte OpenOffice und andere Open-Source-Programme von Computer-Bild installieren. Jedoch werden die Setup-Dateien nach dem Download vom WIN-Devender mit einem Sicherheitshinweis...
Games und Spiele 23. Dezember 2021

Word 2013 - Cannot open linked Bookmarks in other Word documents

Word 2013 - Cannot open linked Bookmarks in other Word documents: Dear colleagues, an user told me, that Word 2013 since few months does not open linked bookmarks from other word documents anymore. He told me, that this "function" worked before. What do I...
Microsoft Office 8. Februar 2019

Facebook veröffentlicht Server-Software als Open Source

Facebook veröffentlicht Server-Software als Open Source: Scribe aggregiert Logdaten von vielen Servern in Echtzeit Facebook hat einen kleinen Teil seiner Server-Software als Open Source veröffentlicht. Weitere Komponenten sollen folgen. Wer damit...
Alternative Betriebssysteme 27. Oktober 2008
Open Word document and attaching a data source on macOS via AppleScript - Unexpected... solved
  1. Diese Seite verwendet Cookies, um Inhalte zu personalisieren, diese deiner Erfahrung anzupassen und dich nach der Registrierung angemeldet zu halten.
    Auf dieser Website werden Cookies für die Zugriffsanalyse und Anzeigenmessung verwendet.
    Wenn du dich weiterhin auf dieser Seite aufhältst, akzeptierst du unseren Einsatz von Cookies.