Outlook: can't delete messages moved to root folder by a rule

Diskutiere und helfe bei Outlook: can't delete messages moved to root folder by a rule im Bereich Outlook.com im Windows Info bei einer Lösung; I made a mistake configuring rules to move incoming emails to another email account both IMAP. As the target I did't specify 'Inbox' but instead the... Dieses Thema im Forum "Outlook.com" wurde erstellt von jamacoe, 11. Juli 2021.

1. jamacoe
    jamacoe Gast

I made a mistake configuring rules to move incoming emails to another email account both IMAP. As the target I did't specify 'Inbox' but instead the target email account itself, i.e. the parent folder of 'Inbox'. These mails are not shown in 'Inbox', but only when I click on the account's email address. Now I corrected these rules to move future incoming mails to the correct 'Inbox' of the target account.My problem is that I don't have rights in the root folder to delete the mails that have already been moved there. I was able to mark them and copy them to the 'Inbox', but I could't move the

2. Diane Poremsky MVP Win User

Hello jamacoe,

I'm Diane, an Office Apps & Services MVP specializing in Outlook and an Independent Advisor.

That's an imap account? You could rename the ost file and let outlook create a new one (as long as it does not have calendar & contact folders named 'this computer only' that you are using)

MFCMAPI should be able to delete them too. I don't have an article for your specific scenario showing how to do this but the basics of using mfcmapi to delete things is here: https://www.slipstick.com/outlook/calendar/dele...
  3. jamacoe Win User

Thank you, Diane! These are working instructions on how to proceed, but there is a bug:
    <br />
    <br />-Download MFCMAPI.x64.exe.21.0.21127.03.zip
    <br />-Unpack and start MfcMAPI (I did it from an elevated prompt)
    <br />-Ok on welcome screen
    <br />-Quickstart -> Open Folder -> Inbox -> Outlook -> Ok
    <br />-Closed the newly opened inbox window
    <br />-Choose target mailbox (double click)
    <br />-Open tree 'Stamm - Postfach' (I have German, probably 'root - mailbox' in English)
    <br />-Doubleclick on IPM_Subtree. Opens root inbox in a new window
    <br />-Select all messages to delete, right mouse -> delete message -> delete to deleted items -> ok
    <br />-AT THIS POINT THE PROGRAM CRASHES (exits to prompt without further messages), no matter if I close Outlook before acting, and independent of how many messages I choose to delete).
    <br />-However, checking in Outlook, the marked messages are deleted, but they are not stored in any 'deleted' folder.
    <br />Anyway, this fixed my problem. Thanks again!
    <br />
  4. Christian Göller Win User

Outlook 2010 Briefumschlagsymbol

der Artikel hilft leider nicht, weil ich ja gerade meine Mails per Regel verschiebe und diese nicht in er Inbox landen.
    Hallo,

er hilft insofern, dass du nun weißt, dass dies ein normales Verhalten von Outlook ist... ;)

"Outlook 2007 and Outlook 2010
    The envelope will show for messages that are delivered to the default Inbox for each account. When a message is caught by the Junk E-mail filter or moved by a rule, the envelope icon is not shown. The icon is also not shown for additional mailboxes
    which have been configured from a single Exchange account."

Du müsstest daher auf eine Notlösung wie der von Mario empfohlenen zurückgreifen.
  5. Janbaz Salehi Win User

How to restrict forwarding email based on subject in a shared mailbox

Hello Meg2022! My name is Janbaz, and I am an Independent Advisor.

I'm sorry to hear you're having this problem, and I hope I can assist you in finding a satisfactory solution.

Follow the following steps:

1. Open Outlook and go to the shared mailbox where the rule has to be created.

2. "Manage Rules & Alerts" can be found by clicking the "File" tab.

3. On "New Rule," click.

4. Select "Apply rule on messages I receive" and then click "Next" in the "Rules Wizard" dialog box.

5. Select "with specific terms in the subject" and click on the underlined "specific words" in the "Which condition(s) do you want to check?) section.

6. Type the subject line for which you wish to limit forwarding in the "Search Text" dialog box, then click "Add" and "OK."

7. Select "Next."

8. Select "defer delivery by a number of minutes" under "What do you want to do with the message?" and click on the highlighted "a number of" to enter the desired delay in minutes.

9. Select "Next."

10. You can add any exceptions to the rule in the "Are there any exceptions?" section. For example, you could permit specific users to forward messages with restricted subject lines.

11. Press "Next."

12. Give the rule a name, such as "Restrict Forwarding," in the "Specify a name for this rule" area.

13. Click "Finish" after selecting "Turn on this rule."

Any message with the specified subject line that is received in the shared mailbox will have its delivery delayed by this rule. A message stating that the message cannot be transmitted will be received by the sender if they attempt to forward the message. The forwarding of messages received in a user's personal mailbox is not restricted by this technique; it only applies to messages received in the shared inbox.

Please let me know if this doesn't work or if you need further assistance.

Disclaimer: This is a public user-to-user community forum. None of us here work for Microsoft and it is beyond our capability to assist directly with the account or login-related issues.

Warm Regards,

Janbaz
  6. ChristianMartyJoksch Win User

Outlook Android App - Ungelesene Nachrichten anzeigen

Hello,
    <br />doesn't work.
    <br />The Filter Option is ONLY for elements in the folder.
    <br />So, if I'm in the folder Inbox and activate the filter, it displays only the elements in the folder inbox, not the elements in my folder Microsoft.
    <br />I created a rule, that all mails with subject "microsoft" should be moved automatically in the folder microsoft and so the aren't in the folder Inbox anymore.
    <br />
    In the Outlook Windows App, the folder can see unread messages in the entire mailbox, not just in the inbox.
    <br />Thanks for your reply, I now hopefully described my Problem a little bit better.
    <br />Christian
    <br />
  7. User Advert

Hi,

willkommen im Windows Forum!
Thema:

Outlook: can't delete messages moved to root folder by a rule - Outlook.com

Die Seite wird geladen...

Outlook: can't delete messages moved to root folder by a rule - Similar Threads - Outlook can't delete

Forum Datum

Moved Picture folder invisible

Moved Picture folder invisible: The folder is there, bu somehow invisible.Already tried to enable "show hidden folders and files" but no luck.I think that might be a bug, cause Videos and Music moved fine.Tried to reset pictures...
Apps 22. Mai 2023

Moved Picture folder invisible

Moved Picture folder invisible: The folder is there, bu somehow invisible.Already tried to enable "show hidden folders and files" but no luck.I think that might be a bug, cause Videos and Music moved fine.Tried to reset pictures...
Games und Spiele 22. Mai 2023

Unable to delete the User folder of a non existant User

Unable to delete the User folder of a non existant User: I used the 'restore from backup' option from control panel on my new win11 notebookusing a backup of my old win10 laptop. A seperate User folder for the data was created by default, but no actual...
Apps 25. März 2022

Unable to delete the User folder of a non existant User

Unable to delete the User folder of a non existant User: I used the 'restore from backup' option from control panel on my new win11 notebookusing a backup of my old win10 laptop. A seperate User folder for the data was created by default, but no actual...
Games und Spiele 25. März 2022

can't delete e-mails in outlook

can't delete e-mails in outlook: can't delete e-mails in outlook anymore, neither with mouse nor with the keyboard
Outlook.com 20. November 2021

Outlook Messages Disappear When Moving Folder

Outlook Messages Disappear When Moving Folder: Hello Something strange happened yesterday. An employee has shared access to another mailbox via Exchange. To move a subfolder it does not have the required permissions. So I logged in with users...
Outlook.com 9. August 2019

Outlook VBA AdvancedSearch: Root Folder funktioniert nicht als Scope

Outlook VBA AdvancedSearch: Root Folder funktioniert nicht als Scope: Hallo zusammen, ich möchte mit VBA einen Suchordner erstellen, der alle Ordner eines Postfaches oder Archivs ("Store") nach Nachrichten mit bestimmten Eigenschaften durchsucht. Der VBA-Code...
Microsoft Office 29. Januar 2019
Outlook: can't delete messages moved to root folder by a rule solved
  1. Diese Seite verwendet Cookies, um Inhalte zu personalisieren, diese deiner Erfahrung anzupassen und dich nach der Registrierung angemeldet zu halten.
    Auf dieser Website werden Cookies für die Zugriffsanalyse und Anzeigenmessung verwendet.
    Wenn du dich weiterhin auf dieser Seite aufhältst, akzeptierst du unseren Einsatz von Cookies.