Outlook can't start, file is not an Outlook data file

Diskutiere und helfe bei Outlook can't start, file is not an Outlook data file im Bereich Microsoft Office im Windows Info bei einer Lösung; Hi guys, I am experiencing the below issue with my desktop Outlook app, however I am able to open it without any issues in the web version. Can you... Dieses Thema im Forum "Microsoft Office" wurde erstellt von Martin Al_181, 18. November 2020.

1. Outlook can't start, file is not an Outlook data file

Hi guys,

I am experiencing the below issue with my desktop Outlook app, however I am able to open it without any issues in the web version. Can you assist me with this issue? Following message is displayed when opening Outlook:

Cannot start Microsoft Outlook. Cannot open the Outlook window. The set folders cannot be opened. The file C:\Users\MartinAlbrecht\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook\*** Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde aus Datenschutzgründen entfernt. ***2.ost is not an Outlook data file .ost.

Thank you,

Martin

2. dkante Win User

AutoVervollständigen-Liste bei Nutzung von IMAP-Konten

Hallo Marco,

erneut herzlichen Dank für die schnelle und ausführliche Antwort. Leider hilft aber auch das nicht weiter. Immerhin bekomme ich jetzt, nachdem ich einige Buchstaben der E-Mail-Adresse oder des Namens eingegeben habe und Strg+K betätige, einige Vorschläge angezeigt,
    die zu meiner Eingabe passen. Das ist schon mal gut, aber nicht ganz das, was ich wollte. Ich möchte halt schon während der Eingabe Vorschläge gezeigt bekommen und das ist noch immer nicht möglich.

Ich würde mich freuen, wenn hier noch ein Weg gefunden würde.

Folgendes von
    hier
    macht mir jedoch wenig Hoffnung...

"IMAP and Windows Live Hotmail accounts
    The Auto-Complete List is saved in the Outlook Data File (.pst). The Outlook Data Files (.pst) for these account types differ from other Outlook Data Files (.pst) in Outlook. These files are used as copies of information on your mail server account and not
    intended to be moved or restored. A new Outlook Data File (.pst) is created when you configure an IMAP or Windows Live Hotmail account in a different Outlook profile or on another computer. Your Auto-Complete List, therefore, is unique to the computer and
    profile where the account is set up and the entries do not appear in any other profile or computer that you use."

Grüße

Daniel
  3. Diane Poremsky MVP Win User

Fehler in einem Add-in (gSyncit)

Wir verwenden einen Übersetzungsdienst, um unsere Benutzer zu unterstützen. Bitte entschuldigen Sie grammatikalische Fehler.

>> For "Erstelldatum" now stands 09.01.2021 09:00

That the created date, correct? That would indicate the data file is being replaced.

After closing outlook, copy the file in place - select it then Ctrl+C, V. Restart the computer - check the folder before starting outlook to confirm the data file is there. Restart outlook - is the data file the same size as the copy, or slightly larger?

Do you have any backups of this folder?

Do you have any programs that clean up the computer - something like CCleaner? What do you use for antivirus?
  4. Diane Poremsky MVP Win User

Fehler in einem Add-in (gSyncit)

Wir verwenden einen Übersetzungsdienst, um unsere Benutzer zu unterstützen. Bitte entschuldigen Sie grammatikalische Fehler.

English version:

>>>

But right now, the folder "C:"Users"*Username*"AppData"Local-Microsoft-Outlook" no longer contains .ost files. Only the folder "RoamCache".

>>

That confirms my suspicions. Something is deleting the ost files. Now to figure out what - its not outlook. Outlook would only delete them if you deleted the account from the profile.

Are you using any hard drive cleanup or optimization program?

If you either disable the backup or remove app data folders from it, are the ost files left alone?

----

If the ost is being deleted when gsyncit is enabled, the something is goofy with gsyncit.
  5. DimiTreee Win User

Outlook schliesst nach jedem Öffnen ohne Fehlermeldung

Ich hab die folgende Anleitung für einen Crash gefunden bei dem outlmime.dll das fehlerhafte Modul ist:

Go to Control Panel > Mail > E-Mail Account.

In the popup window that will appear, take note of all the IMAP accounts (E-Mail panel) and the .ost file paths (Data Files panel).

Navigate through the folder containing the .ost files (you can easily do that from the Data Files panel using the Open file location button).

Create a new BACKUP_yyyyMMdd folder within the folder containing the .ost files.

Move all the .ost files related to the IMAP accounts that you identified earlier.

Launch MS Outlook again.

https://www.ryadel.com/en/outlook-crash-on-star...

Auf Wunsch übersetze ich dir.
  6. Georgi T. Win User

PST-Daten beim Löschen nullen

Hallo René,

Du hast es richtig verstanden - in dem Fall ist mit "vollständig aufgehoben" - löschen gemeint.

Hier sind noch mal für alle die Beschreibungen der Richtlinie in English und Deutsch:

PST Null Data on Delete

This policy setting allows you to force Outlook to fully nullify deleted data in users’ Personal Folder files (.pst) at the time that the data is deleted. If you enable this policy setting, data is immediately nullified in PST files when deleted. If you
    disable or do not configure this policy setting, data remains in PST files until it is purged or overwritten by the user.

PST-Daten beim Löschen nullen

Diese Richtlinieneinstellung ermöglicht Ihnen, das vollständige Aufheben gelöschter Daten in den Persönliche Ordner-Dateien (PST) zum Zeitpunkt der Löschung der Daten durch Outlook zu erzwingen. Wenn Sie diese Richtlinieneinstellung aktivieren, werden die
    Daten beim Löschen in den PST-Dateien sofort vollständig aufgehoben. Wenn Sie diese Richtlinie deaktivieren oder nicht konfigurieren, verbleiben die Daten in den PST-Dateien, bis sie bereinigt oder vom Benutzer überschrieben werden.
    Hier ist der TechNet Artikel mit der Beschreibung der Gruppenrichtlinien.

Was das Antworten mit Zitat angeht, siehe
    "Was bedeutet "Mit Zitat antworten"?".

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,

Georgi Taskov

Microsoft Office 365 Support Engineer

Wenn Sie das hilfreich finden, bitte markieren sie es als "Hilfreich" oder "Lösung".
  7. User Advert

Hi,

willkommen im Windows Forum!
Thema:

Outlook can't start, file is not an Outlook data file - Microsoft Office

Die Seite wird geladen...

Outlook can't start, file is not an Outlook data file - Similar Threads - Outlook can't start

Forum Datum

PST file is missing.

PST file is missing.: Hello.Outlook does not open. displays PST file not found. Searched for the foldet but file is missing. What to do?thank you
Outlook.com 14. Februar 2024

I can't delete files with no data on them

I can't delete files with no data on them: I was trying to get rid of some clutter when I came across a few files that display the error message in the attachment. Does anybody know what this means and how it is fixed?
Apps 10. November 2021

I can't delete files with no data on them

I can't delete files with no data on them: I was trying to get rid of some clutter when I came across a few files that display the error message in the attachment. Does anybody know what this means and how it is fixed?
Games und Spiele 10. November 2021

migrate OST file data into Outlook PST file

migrate OST file data into Outlook PST file: Safely migrate OST file data into Outlook PST file just use now Enstella OST to PST Converter Software which you can safely and perfectly migrate OST file data into PST file formats such as PST,...
Hardware 9. Juli 2021

Windows 10 suddenly is not opening random files

Windows 10 suddenly is not opening random files: Dears, Windows 10 suddenly is not opening random files whatever is the formats or size: Jpeg, Pdf, indd, PSD, word ... I even can not upload them or send them by emails to anyone. Even in sync...
Windows Security 29. Oktober 2020

Office 365 Pro Plus Outlook Data File Kennwort

Office 365 Pro Plus Outlook Data File Kennwort: Hallo Nach der Installation Office 365 Pro Plus (Plan E3) wird beim öffnen vom Outlook ein Outlook Data File Passwort verlangt. Welches ich nicht habe da ich nie eins gesetzt habe. Es gibt...
Microsoft Office 28. Juni 2017

Office 365 Pro Plus Outlook Data File Kennwort

Office 365 Pro Plus Outlook Data File Kennwort: Hallo Nach der Installation Office 365 Pro Plus (Plan E3) wird beim öffnen vom Outlook ein Outlook Data File Passwort verlangt. Welches ich nicht habe da ich nie eins gesetzt habe. Es gibt...
Microsoft Office 27. Juni 2017
Outlook can't start, file is not an Outlook data file solved
  1. Diese Seite verwendet Cookies, um Inhalte zu personalisieren, diese deiner Erfahrung anzupassen und dich nach der Registrierung angemeldet zu halten.
    Auf dieser Website werden Cookies für die Zugriffsanalyse und Anzeigenmessung verwendet.
    Wenn du dich weiterhin auf dieser Seite aufhältst, akzeptierst du unseren Einsatz von Cookies.