Strange Excel behavior in some IF functions

Diskutiere und helfe bei Strange Excel behavior in some IF functions im Bereich Microsoft Office im Windows Info bei einer Lösung; Yesterday I was notified about the false calculation results in one of our interface files. After some research I came to the conclusion that the... Dieses Thema im Forum "Microsoft Office" wurde erstellt von DanielM0110, 30. September 2020.

1. Strange Excel behavior in some IF functions

Yesterday I was notified about the false calculation results in one of our interface files.
    After some research I came to the conclusion that the problem is the strange behavior of Excel in some functions.
    Please look at the attached test file and send the test file to the Microsoft Corporation.
    I hope to get some explanation of this feature and suggestions for the workaround.
    Summary of the problem:
    In some cases e.g. SUMIF, COUNTIF when comparing the criteria, Excel seems to convert the text to number and compare the numerical values – even if the criteria column is formatted as text and/or the cell value is explicitly specified as text.
    This causes false comparison and therefor also calculation results, as in the case of numerical texts the texts with identical first 15 digits are treated as identical despite of the differences on the later positions.
    In our case it influences some selling invoice interface files with long, quasi-numerical invoice IDs; it might also influence some GUID we use 26 till 32 digits processing.

[​IMG]

=SUMIFA:A;A7;B:B

2. RolynRojas Win User

Hi Daniel, thank you for reaching out!

My name is Rolyn, an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Excel User like you. I would love to help you out with your concern.

There's a thing in excel where it only treats the first 15 digits as significant and anything after the 15th digit, excel would turn it to zero. If the cells are formatted as a text, like in your case, once you apply a mathematical equation like sumif, it will
    turn those digits into number format, hence the incorrect returned values.

Perhaps you can try using this formula on your Column C and see if it works: =SUMPRODUCT(--($A:$A=$A2),$B:$B)

This article gives a pretty good explanation about this:
    https://wmfexcel.com/2015/01/24/15-significant-...

(Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised
    on the site before you decide to download and install it.)

Let me know if that worked out well for you. Feel free to ask me if you need further assistance.

Thanks,

Rolyn
  3. Claus Busch Win User

Hallo Daniel,

wie beschrieben, produziert SUMMEWENN einen Fehler.

Du kannst aber alternative Formeln benutzen:

=SUMMENPRODUKT(($A$2:$A$20=A2)*$B$2:$B$20)

oder

=SUMME(WENN($A$2:$A$20=A2;$B$2:$B$20))

oder

=SUMME(WENN(IDENTISCH($A$2:$A$20;A2);$B$2:$B$20))

Noch einfacher geht es mit einer Pivot-Table. Diese erkennt die unterschiedlichen Kriterien.

Schau mal hier rein:

https://1drv.ms/x/s!AqMiGBK2qniTge8tXR3I7rSKSKjuOw?e=jcaVWA

Claus
  4. Andreas Killer Win User

Excel 2016 neue Formeln "WENNS" ??????

Es soll jetzt in Excel die neue Formel " WENNS" geben!!!!

Ach ja, ich habe office 2016 professional und das aktuelle Update.
    Gibt's auch in Excel 2016 für Office 365, sprich Du brauchst ein Abo dafür.

Naja, ist ja nicht weiter weltbewegend, macht man sich grad selber. ;-)

Andreas.

Function WENNS(Logiktest1, Wert_wenn_wahr1, ParamArray Args())

Dim i As Integer

If Logiktest1 Then

WENNS = Wert_wenn_wahr1

Else

For i = 0 To UBound(Args) Step 2

If Args(i) Then

WENNS = Args(i + 1)

Exit Function

End If

Next

End If

End Function
  5. M. Hager Win User

Aufgabenleiste Layout

Further researching indicates that this behavior is by design and there is not any option to adjust this behavior currently. Also, I noticed some folks in the internet are complaining these two functionalities omission and is urging the return of
    the both. I will forward this suggestion to the proper channel so that our product can take consideration of adjusting this behavior.
    Hallo Zusammen,

gibt es inzwischen eine Lösung?

Gruß,

6. mzepf Win User

Word 2016/2013 öffnet Dokumente aus Netzwerkpfad in Lesemodus obwohl dieser deaktiviert ist

Thanks Doug for your answer - i already unchecked all Boxes in the Protected View with no success.

Strange behavior is, that for the first time Word opens the documents in the edit view, the second attempt results in the reading mode...
  7. User Advert

Hi,

willkommen im Windows Forum!
Thema:

Strange Excel behavior in some IF functions - Microsoft Office

Die Seite wird geladen...

Strange Excel behavior in some IF functions - Similar Threads - Strange Excel behavior

Forum Datum

Range in einer Excel/VBA-Function

Range in einer Excel/VBA-Function: Guten Tag,ich möchte in einer Tabelle eine Function aufrufen, die eine "Range" als Parameter hat: =Anzahl"B2:H2"In der Function will ich dann auswerten, in welchen Zellen etwas drin steht, also...
Microsoft Office 25. Februar 2024

Excel Dropdown mit function Auswahl

Excel Dropdown mit function Auswahl: Hallo,Ich bin etwas ratlos, Bei OpenOffice ist es möglich Funktionen als Auswahl zu hinterlegen und es funktioniert das man die in cell Funktion der ist die man wählt.=name=WAHLdies;dasEinfache...
Microsoft Office 26. Mai 2023

strange behavior of system

strange behavior of system: Guten Tag,ich habe folgende Probleme:1. ist in meinem Browser immer die Englische Sprache als Rechtschreibprüfung aktiv. Egal was ich einstelle, habe das ja schon x-Mal gegoogelt und in den...
Apps 23. Februar 2022

strange behavior of system

strange behavior of system: Guten Tag,ich habe folgende Probleme:1. ist in meinem Browser immer die Englische Sprache als Rechtschreibprüfung aktiv. Egal was ich einstelle, habe das ja schon x-Mal gegoogelt und in den...
Games und Spiele 23. Februar 2022

DATEDIF Function Excel - Office 365

DATEDIF Function Excel - Office 365: Hello everyone, could you please help me ? The function DATEIDIF works only formonths and for nothing more, for year, day etc. unfortunately not. I use german version of excel. Many thanks in...
Microsoft Office 7. Juli 2020

Strange behavior when using Sharepoint WebDAV

Strange behavior when using Sharepoint WebDAV: Hello, we are using Explorer View to access files on a SharePoint Online site. More specific a Teams SharePoint site. We are accessing the site via the Path...
Microsoft Office 3. Juli 2020

Ein Druck Button mit einer If Function

Ein Druck Button mit einer If Function: Hi Leute, Ich würde gerne ein Macro erstellen in Excel damit jedes mal wenn das Wort Offen in eine Celle steht das Excel die Dokumente die als Offen Klasifieziert wurden ausdruckt werden...
Microsoft Office 5. Januar 2018
Strange Excel behavior in some IF functions solved
  1. Diese Seite verwendet Cookies, um Inhalte zu personalisieren, diese deiner Erfahrung anzupassen und dich nach der Registrierung angemeldet zu halten.
    Auf dieser Website werden Cookies für die Zugriffsanalyse und Anzeigenmessung verwendet.
    Wenn du dich weiterhin auf dieser Seite aufhältst, akzeptierst du unseren Einsatz von Cookies.