Unwanted Software installs Firefox/Chrome addon and cannot be disabled or removed and...

Diskutiere und helfe bei Unwanted Software installs Firefox/Chrome addon and cannot be disabled or removed and... im Bereich Windows Security im Windows Info bei einer Lösung; Hello! I recently installed an Android emulator called "Andy" and with it came a lot of other things that installed themselves on my PC win7 despite... Dieses Thema im Forum "Windows Security" wurde erstellt von Flau1990, 12. November 2020.

1. Flau1990
    Flau1990 Gast

Unwanted Software installs Firefox/Chrome addon and cannot be disabled or removed and...

Hello!

I recently installed an Android emulator called "Andy" and with it came a lot of other things that installed themselves on my PC win7 despite me customizing the installation and unchecking everything.

I removed most things manually, but one thing remained and I cannot seem to get rid of it. It is a browser extension that ALWAYS reinstalls and restarts itself in both Chrome/Firefox. I cannot disable it and I cannot remove it. In Firefox it says that the add-on has been side loaded via the Windows/Installer folder C:\Windows\Installer\{B28AF4A4-C997-4A5B-A111-FD1E65138A8D}. In general, it is an addon-file called "{02E337C0-4D70-452D-AA64-92D0A8C5D953}.xpi" that has literally all permissions and seems to change the top 4 search results and replaces them with links to something else, which I strongly dislike.

It is just called "2.4.9" and has an invisible icon. It further makes lots of changes to the

What I already tried:
    - Factory reset of the browser
    - Uninstalling all Software I recently installed on my PC
    - Running the microsoft safety scanne in full
    - Running spybot S&D
    - Running Avira
    - Running Malwarebytes
    - Running TDSSkiller
    - Running ADWcleaner

I- further deleted the registry entry that includes the xpi-file name "02E337C0-4D70-452D-AA64-92D0A8C5D953", but it keeps setting itself new.

- I also followed the side load location to the installer folder and removed the XPI-file manually, but it keeps coming back after every system restart.

- I did the Reset and clean up "check for harmful software"

- I did the reset to default

I am honestly completely out of ideas and feel like I tried literally everything. It is obviously some application on my OS that has administrator rights that I cannot find or remove and no anti malware program I know of can find it.

Can someone here help me?

Sincerely
    Flau

2. User Advert

Hi,

willkommen im Windows Forum!
Thema:

Unwanted Software installs Firefox/Chrome addon and cannot be disabled or removed and... - Windows Security

Die Seite wird geladen...

Unwanted Software installs Firefox/Chrome addon and cannot be disabled or removed and... - Similar Threads - Unwanted Software installs

Forum Datum

emials cannot be received or end up in spam

emials cannot be received or end up in spam: Hello, we have the problem that emails sent via our website either don't arrive at all or end up in spam. but also the emails I send via gmail and my server end up in spam. I have read many...
Outlook.com 6. Juli 2023

Discord and Spotify cannot be installed. Netflix not working on chrome.

Discord and Spotify cannot be installed. Netflix not working on chrome.: Hello,So I had been using discord and spotify for a long time about 3 years or so and around two weeks ago it stoped working. I tried reinstalling the apps and there was a installation failure...
Apps 3. Juni 2023

Discord and Spotify cannot be installed. Netflix not working on chrome.

Discord and Spotify cannot be installed. Netflix not working on chrome.: Hello,So I had been using discord and spotify for a long time about 3 years or so and around two weeks ago it stoped working. I tried reinstalling the apps and there was a installation failure...
Games und Spiele 3. Juni 2023

Firefox und Chrome öffnen sich nicht

Firefox und Chrome öffnen sich nicht: Hallo! Ich versuche gerade ein neues Laptop einzurichten. Windows 11.Wenn ich Firefox oder Google Chrome installiere, öffnen sie sich danach nicht. Nur Edge lässt sich öffnen. Hat jemand einen Tipp?
Games und Spiele 28. August 2022

Xltm file protection cannot be removed

Xltm file protection cannot be removed: HiI received a xltm file from a colleague, I downloaded the file on my computer, and it is protected for edition. When I click on the "Deactivation" button, it opens a new excel file, empty, and...
Microsoft Office 20. Juni 2022

Chrome ADDONS sind weg.

Chrome ADDONS sind weg.: Ich habe ausversehen ein Erweiterung in Chrome gelöscht und ich kann sie nicht mehr zurückholen weil den Namen vergessen habe. Gibt es vielleicht einen Weg die gelöschten ADDONS anzuzeigen und...
Apps 24. Februar 2021

StrataBuddy Firefox 3.7 Addon

StrataBuddy Firefox 3.7 Addon: Der Hammer^^ Viel SPass beim einrichten, ist etwas schwer aber aufjedenfall zu schaffen So sieht es bei mir aus [img] Hier der LINK
Grafiken 7. Oktober 2009
Unwanted Software installs Firefox/Chrome addon and cannot be disabled or removed and... solved
  1. Diese Seite verwendet Cookies, um Inhalte zu personalisieren, diese deiner Erfahrung anzupassen und dich nach der Registrierung angemeldet zu halten.
    Auf dieser Website werden Cookies für die Zugriffsanalyse und Anzeigenmessung verwendet.
    Wenn du dich weiterhin auf dieser Seite aufhältst, akzeptierst du unseren Einsatz von Cookies.