windows update replaced conhost.exe but the file is not included in the update binary

Diskutiere und helfe bei windows update replaced conhost.exe but the file is not included in the update binary im Bereich Allgemeines im Windows Info bei einer Lösung; We‘re performing file security analysis based on the source (where files are coming from). A Windows 10 update installs a new conhost.exe but we... Dieses Thema im Forum "Allgemeines" wurde erstellt von _T_V_, 16. Mai 2019.

1. _T_V_
    _T_V_ Gast

windows update replaced conhost.exe but the file is not included in the update binary

We‘re performing file security analysis based on the source (where files are coming from).

A Windows 10 update installs a new conhost.exe but we cannot find out where the file is coming from. It doesn't seem to be in the .cab file of the update.

This is what we did:

1. install windows 10 1809 v2 (c:\windows\system32\conhost.exe md5 is 4c41666923a14dc687deee3b143afb55)
    2. let Windows install update kb4501835 (windows10.0-kb4501835-x64_a8a91185c1cf9b9fefa6e9e07fc3d74c45fb2fee)
    3. After finishing the installation of this update and rebooting, c:\windows\system32\conhost.exe md5 hash is c221707e5ce93515ac87507e19181e2a
    Where‘s that conhost.exe coming from?
    Windows 10 update history just says that it installed the Update kb4501835. So we manually downloaded kb4501835-x64 from here, expanded it to a temp dir, expanded the resulting file Windows10.0-KB4501835-x64_PSFX.cab to another temp dir. (commands used: c:\Windows\System32\expand.exe -R %FILE% -F:* 1\)

In this tmp directory, we found two conhost.exe with md5 d810493b38380e30855f1e9e7d395000 andebf996ce7169609d9b892b5a79297611

So neither of the two conhost.exes in the kb4501835-x64 has the md5 c221707e5ce93515ac87507e19181e2a

Question:
    Where is that new conhost.exe coming from if it‘s not in the update .CAB? We can verify the .cat based signature with signtool, so yes, it‘s apparently from Microsoft and signed and everything is alright, but we need to know the origin of files that are replaced on disk.

Any hint?

2. User Advert

Hi,

willkommen im Windows Forum!
Thema:

windows update replaced conhost.exe but the file is not included in the update binary - Allgemeines

Die Seite wird geladen...

windows update replaced conhost.exe but the file is not included in the update binary - Similar Threads - windows update replaced

Forum Datum

the windows update folder is missing and i get no more windows updates

the windows update folder is missing and i get no more windows updates: i runned a virus scan on my pc with mcafee and it said that this folder was full of virusesand it has no more files in it and i cant update my windows 11 morefolder :...
Apps 16. März 2023

the windows update folder is missing and i get no more windows updates

the windows update folder is missing and i get no more windows updates: i runned a virus scan on my pc with mcafee and it said that this folder was full of virusesand it has no more files in it and i cant update my windows 11 morefolder :...
Games und Spiele 16. März 2023

computer is not able to access the Server

computer is not able to access the Server: Communication over LAN: scenario: Computer A and Server B at same data network.a. Suddenly the computer is not able to access the Server B.What can be the root cause? and steps to solve it?
Allgemeines 23. Februar 2022

computer is not able to access the Server

computer is not able to access the Server: Communication over LAN: scenario: Computer A and Server B at same data network.a. Suddenly the computer is not able to access the Server B.What can be the root cause? and steps to solve it?
Games und Spiele 23. Februar 2022

Surface Pen: rubber works, but not the tip

Surface Pen: rubber works, but not the tip: Hello Microsoft Team, I have a problem with my Surface pen: The rubber works, but not the tip. The problem occured before twice, once with the same, once with a different pen. My device is the...
Surface 14. Dezember 2020

Who is the best

Who is the best: Am very happy to be a member of skyp community,so that my communication will be more e.mails telephone and vidios contacts might be lighter to get through world with friends and...
Outlook.com 7. Dezember 2019

hi, i wrote this function but did not work.. the function is

hi, i wrote this function but did not work.. the function is: [IMG] hi i do this function... fi(f7>=1500,0,round(2%'f7,2))... but doesnot work always showes this. thanks
Microsoft Office 20. März 2017
windows update replaced conhost.exe but the file is not included in the update binary solved
  1. Diese Seite verwendet Cookies, um Inhalte zu personalisieren, diese deiner Erfahrung anzupassen und dich nach der Registrierung angemeldet zu halten.
    Auf dieser Website werden Cookies für die Zugriffsanalyse und Anzeigenmessung verwendet.
    Wenn du dich weiterhin auf dieser Seite aufhältst, akzeptierst du unseren Einsatz von Cookies.